FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day Kiraslite
    Sometimes extensions that do not, outwardly, seem to have anything in common can have some "behind the scenes" things going on that can conflict.
    I find the easiest way to narrow down issues is to remove 3 consecutive extensions then load the game, if the problem continues, exit the game and turn the first three back on and try the next three.
    Good Afternoon,
    I stripped all of my extensions out and only loaded this extension and it still seems to be broken for me, loaded a new campaign and the same issue is occurring. Just seems to be broken for me unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraslite View Post
    Good Afternoon,
    I stripped all of my extensions out and only loaded this extension and it still seems to be broken for me, loaded a new campaign and the same issue is occurring. Just seems to be broken for me unfortunately
    As I say this I figure it out. The extension doesn't update on load so the values for it read zero until you create a parcel with money and give it to the player. Leaving this up for anyone else that may run into this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraslite View Post
    As I say this I figure it out. The extension doesn't update on load so the values for it read zero until you create a parcel with money and give it to the player. Leaving this up for anyone else that may run into this issue.
    You can also type /ccweight in chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Check when they get back to civilisation and get the PCs to bank or sell stuff.

This is part of D&D - trusting players and keeping an eye on encumbrance. Too much automation and no one has to use the thing between their ears.
    I feel like one less thing for people to have to monitor is a good thing but to each his own.... This appears to work but I haven't tried it in an actual session yet (I'll report back if it doesn't)...add the following code addition to the function recomputeTotalWeight:

local eqencumbered = DB.getValue( nodePC.getPath() .. '.encumbrance.encumbered' );

if treasure+eqload > eqencumbered then
    local msg = { text = DB.getValue(nodePC, "name") .. " backpack is overloaded!", mode = "story", source = "" };
    Comm.deliverChatMessage(msg);
    end

And, if I didn't say it already, thank you for the extension!!!

Complete dumb question here ... How can I adjust the weight of coins. All I see when I open the file with Notepad is a bunch of jiberish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruise105 View Post
    Complete dumb question here ... How can I adjust the weight of coins. All I see when I open the file with Notepad is a bunch of jiberish.
    You need to unzip the extension first. Rename it from .ext to .zip, then unzip. then you will have multiple files you can edit in Notepad. When you re-zip it, only use zip compression and do not re-zip the folder, only the contents. Then rename.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You need to unzip the extension first. Rename it from .ext to .zip, then unzip. then you will have multiple files you can edit in Notepad. When you re-zip it, only use zip compression and do not re-zip the folder, only the contents. Then rename.
    I have it uzipped, now I still don't know what I am looking for. I've never done anything like this before.

When you unzipped the folder find scripts\coins_weight.lua. Open it with a Notepad (or Notepad alternative).
    In line 56 you can find
    Code:
    	weight = math.floor( weight / 50 );
    that's the only calculation I found in there. It takes the amount of coins you have and divides it by 50 to calculate their weight. So if you had 500gp they would weigh 10. You can change the 50 in this line to whatever ratio you want.
    After you edited the file, save it and re-zip everything you found when you unzipped it, like @LordEntrails said.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Zuger i have made a small coding tutorial video and I have extended this extension as the content of the video. It addresses in a very basic way one method of being able to track carried and non carried treasure.
    https://youtu.be/x4leZBomtOc
    And the extension is here - feel free to use or not.
    Attachment 23256

Also any comments about splitting the code into different files are personal preference and not a criticism.
    Hey Damian,

First of all, thanks a lot for the tutorial. I'm not good in coding and that was very helpful. However, thanks even more for the new version that's exactly what I was looking for!

Cheers!!

Thread Information