STAR TREK 2d20

Critical confirmation bug

Last session I run across a bug with the critical confirmation roll, here's what I found (tested with Unity, without any extension and in the Live and Test build):
    1. ATK effects are getting added twice on CC rolls (on the CC roll they appear on the target bonus calculation)
    2. IFT ATK effects are getting replaced/ignored by ATK effects on CC roll

Here are some examples:
    Last edited by Thamyor; April 19th, 2021 at 17:45.

I need to look into the first item a little deeper to see if it's just the reporting or the calculations that are incorrect on the critical confirm.

However, the IFT ATK effects appear to be working fine alongside the regular ATK effects for the initial attack roll. Please note that IFT effects will show up in the resolution line when applied to the target vs. included in the main roll before applying the target.

Reagrds,
    JPG

The first roll is right (the attack roll), only the critical confirmation seems to have some problems.
    With the same dice roll and the same bonuses we are getting different results in the attack roll and Cc roll.

I just pushed an update which pulls all the targeted effect computation into one place (since I verified attacks can only have one target per roll in the ruleset); as well as removing the rewrite of the effect info in critical confirm. (It was not modifying data before; just showing effect modifier again.)

Can you try again after updating?

Thanks,
    JPG

Tested on the test build now, and it's working properly now, thank you.
    Using 'Smite Evil; IFT: ALIGN (evil); DMGTYPE: force ATK:7; DMG: 10; AC: 6 deflection' and 'PA; ATK: -3; DMG: 9'

Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [d20+16 = 31]
    Attack [31] -> [at Aboleth] [CRITICAL THREAT]
    Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [CONFIRM] [d20+16 = 31]
    Attack [31] -> [at Aboleth] [CRITICAL HIT]

Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    Tested on the test build now, and it's working properly now, thank you.
    Using 'Smite Evil; IFT: ALIGN (evil); DMGTYPE: force ATK:7; DMG: 10; AC: 6 deflection' and 'PA; ATK: -3; DMG: 9'

Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [d20+16 = 31]
    Attack [31] -> [at Aboleth] [CRITICAL THREAT]
    Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [CONFIRM] [d20+16 = 31]
    Attack [31] -> [at Aboleth] [CRITICAL HIT]
    it actually worked also before as far as I see (and I tested, too), the chat info is now just differently sorted (the IFT stuff in the chat often confuses people)

Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS -3] [d20+10 = 25]
    Attack [30] -> [at Garden Guardian 1] [EFFECTS +5] [CRITICAL THREAT]
    Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [CONFIRM] [d20+10 = 25]
    Attack [22] -> [at Garden Guardian 1] [EFFECTS -3] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]

This was the output before the update using both Smite Evil and PA and always rolling 15 on the d20. The same roll that hit and made a Critical Threat, missed on the critical confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS -3] [d20+10 = 25]
    Attack [30] -> [at Garden Guardian 1] [EFFECTS +5] [CRITICAL THREAT]
    Rahmiel Brighward: [ATTACK (M)] +1 keen falchion [CRIT 15] [CONFIRM] [d20+10 = 25]
    Attack [22] -> [at Garden Guardian 1] [EFFECTS -3] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]

This was the output before the update using both Smite Evil and PA and always rolling 15 on the d20. The same roll that hit and made a Critical Threat, missed on the critical confirmation.
    Ah, you mean that; yeah, I think I confused a bit your screenshots

Thread Information