5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It took a while, but I did find out what changed. It's the initial part of the XML which causes problems. The culprit is the second line. If you change that back to the old version, the site prints again. It probably doesn't recognize it as a character sheet any more. You'll have to do this in each export.

I had some other errors at creation of the sheet, but those disappeared by magic. My mending cantrip must have fixed it by accident.

Old
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="8|CoreRPG:4">

New
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <root version="4" dataversion="20201016" release="8.1|CoreRPG:4.1">

Something you might not know: if you create an account, you can upload character images. If you select a character, choose "Large Font", that image will be printed on the sheet.
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 19th, 2021 at 15:54.

Ah the old XML one is for FGC and the new one for FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Ah the old XML one is for FGC and the new one for FGU.
    I'm not sure about timing. I switched to FGU this year and thought I had used it with that site, but I'm not certain. Thought it was a major general FG update which changed this myself, but could very well be wrong there.
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 19th, 2021 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadarius View Post
    Oh wow that looks cool! I'm going to give it a try.
    I mix and match both tools at the moment. The site had a nicer looking sheet, with an image. The program has better looking reference material.

The site definitely worked with FGU as of a month-ish ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    The site definitely worked with FGU as of a month-ish ago.
    Thought so as well, but wasn't sure about the timing. So the character sheet was changed. A simple replacement of the second line in the XML will fix it.

@milmoor thanks, you inspired me to test this out again and make this graphic!

Ever want or need to print your FG Character Well, you can with the older AL Tools Online, which.png
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

That might be useful for some. Did you know you can add a portrait to the sheet?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post553355

Does anyone else know of a way to convert XML files to PDFs at the moment? I can't justify $10 at the moment. I've just paid for 2 new hardbacks, plus their digital equivalents and a bunch of tokens.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Does anyone else know of a way to convert XML files to PDFs at the moment? I can't justify $10 at the moment. I've just paid for 2 new hardbacks, plus their digital equivalents and a bunch of tokens.
    How about this one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...racter-sheets)
    And this may sound silly: printscreen and just capture the relevant pages of the FantasyGrounds sheet?

Thread Information