STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fate More extension for Fate Ruleset

Hello all!
    I would like to present you my extension to Fate Core ruleset that bends it more to my taste. Maybe it will be helpfull to somebody else.

List of changes (1.0 - 2016-04-23):
    • Fix bug in CT when adding characters/npcs stress boxes > 2 where shown even if appropriate section was hidden.
    • You can now drop items/notes/reference text to Weapon list (and link it)
    • You can now drop items/notes/reference text to Armour list (and link it)
    • Modifier field for Stunts is always visible and double-click adds it to next roll
    • Double click on Stunts list does not create modifier entry at +0 anymore(Confused players)
    • Double click on weapons/armour does not create modfier entry at +0 anymore (Confused players)
    • Aspects have note link now
    • Removed annoying sorting for consequences

List of changes (1.1b - 2016-04-24):
    • Double clicking Stunts with 0 modifier does not add +0 modifier to roll stack anymore.
    • Removed languages from NPC window
    • Added Aspects to NPC Window
    • Added Fate points track to NPC Window (Yeah, I like tracks)
    • Fixed bug where 0 in any track resulted in displaying one square anyway (fix for NPC window only)
    • 1.1b - Something about typo in logo icon of announcement. :P

List of changes (1.2 - WiP):
    • Added Aspects, Stunts and Ammo track to Item window

You can find WiP version at github: https://github.com/radoslawg/FateMore

More will probably come (if we continue playing Fate). However, my patience with Fantasy Grounds' Xmls is over for now.
    Last edited by radekg; April 26th, 2016 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by radekg View Post
    Hello all!
    I would like to present you my extension to Fate Core ruleset that bends it more to my taste. Maybe it will be helpfull to somebody else.

List of changes (1.0 - 2016-04-23):
    • Fix bug in CT when adding characters/npcs stress boxes > 2 where shown even if appropriate section was hidden.
    • You can now drop items/notes/reference text to Weapon list (and link it)
    • You can now drop items/notes/reference text to Armour list (and link it)
    • Modifier field for Stunts is always visible and double-click adds it to next roll
    • Double click on Stunts list does not create modifier entry at +0 anymore(Confused players)
    • Double click on weapons/armour does not create modfier entry at +0 anymore (Confused players)
    • Aspects have note link now
    • Removed annoying sorting for consequences

More will probably come (if we continue playing Fate). However, my patience with Fantasy Grounds' Xmls is over for now.
    These look like very useful features. I'll try out your extension.

I'm hoping to modify this work-in-progress Dresden Files extension to correct bugs and otherwise make improvements (this may be awhile in coming since I'm a noob). I'm wondering if your extension will be compatible with others, such as this? (Will try it out myself in the future.)
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; April 23rd, 2016 at 21:40. Reason: Added link to forum thread with DFRPG extension in question.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    These look like very useful features. I'll try out your extension.

I'm hoping to modify this work-in-progress Dresden Files extension to correct bugs and otherwise make improvements (this may be awhile in coming since I'm a noob). I'm wondering if your extension will be compatible with others, such as this? (Will try it out myself in the future.)
    Looking briefly at the extension you linked - it does not seem to be compatible. However CT bug should be gone - the rest would clash with each other unfortunately.

Also, features listed are really less usefull than they sound and tricky to use. I hope to implement it more user friendly, however for now it works for me.

Cheers,
    Radek.

Updated to version 1.1 . Info in first post.

Thanks. This extension may not be compatible with the MoreCore extension, FYI.

Removed annoying sorting for consequences
    This is a helpful.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Thanks. This extension may not be compatible with the MoreCore extension, FYI.
    Funny thing is, I wasn't even aware you could run Fate with MoreCore extension. This extension is indeed not compatible.

Blog Entries
    You would not run MoreCore with another ruleset.
    I am thinking or repackaging MoreCore up as a ruleset for this reason...

Earth, approximately 250 million light years away from the constellation of Kasterborus
    Great extension radekg! Thank you for your work!

Hello,
    Thanks for the extension.
    I wonder how does one use the fate points ?
    I noticed a player can easily drop one on the chat windows, and the counter decreases. But I cannot find the way for the DM to give a point to a player.
    Does somebody know the best way ?
    Last edited by dragonheels; December 10th, 2018 at 09:22.
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Thread Information