STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rienen
    <snip>
    Speaking of which, anyone able to chase down someone at AEG to talk to?
    I completely missed the AEG guys, and I really needed/wanted to catch up with them to discuss a few projects.

I really was disappointed that I couldn't be there to meet with everyone. However, I was instead able to spend the weekend with my Fianc&#233; whom I hadn't seen in almost two months, so at least it was a good weekend.

It sounds like it was a great time for everyone and some productive meetings, talks and activities were completed. That's fantastic!

Paizo and Pathfinder? That's what I care about. While I and several members of my face 2 face group already own FG2, we are now looking at going with D20 Pro for Pathfinder. We don't WANT to do this; we would FAR prefer to be able to stick with FG2 as we think your program is the best in the business.

But we want the Core, Bestiary, APG and character tools present in Herolab's software. The whole issue is one that has me more than a little upset at Paizo.

I would LOVE to be able to announce on Chronicles: Pathfinder Podcast that official support for Pathfinder in FG2 is upon us. *sigh*

Blog Entries
    Lisa Stevens, CEO of Paizo, sat down with me at Gen Con to conduct a demo. I probably made a mistake in showing her a slightly unpolished beta, but otherwise I think everything was well received. She alluded to the idea that she would like to see Hollow's Last Hope converted to FG2 so she could use that as a way to judge its suitability.

We started on some 3.5E updates and I have been working on a parser to allow the conversion from PDF with minimal interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    We started on some 3.5E updates and I have been working on a parser to allow the conversion conversion from PDF with minimal interaction.
    Just an FYI, but I find that the Paizo PDFs can be a bit, strange. If you copy/paste the PDF, you end up with Unicode numbers for the stat blocks, not anywhere else. However, if you use something like xPDF, the numbers are not pulled into the export. Then there is also an issue with the spaces occasionally disappearing when using xPDF.

Blog Entries
    I also see a lot of garbage I have to skip over from the security piece that embeds my email address/username every so often throughout the file. I shot a note to them to see if I could get an unsecured version of their free adventure to use as a test.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    She alluded to the idea that she would like to see Hollow's Last Hope converted to FG2 so she could use that as a way to judge its suitability.

Funny, that was the first module I converted over to FG.

I still have it somewhere, but I suspect others (JPG and Xorn) could do a MUCH better job, but I'd be happy to send you the file if you like.
    Concentration and dedication are the hallmarks of... Oh! Shiney!!
    CST (GMT -6:00)

Thread Information