FG Spreadshirt Swag

Do these features exist?

First I just want to say how good FG II is, great job.

Secondly I am still trying to figure out everything it can do but I just have a lite license since I am not hosting. So I was wondering if the following things exists or could they be enhancements.

1. Whisper to others in the game like the gamemaster can.

2. Any way to download server characters to local machine? Since my character is on my Gamemasters server I can't review it or look at it since I upgraded to FG II.

3. You gotta give us a way to print off the character sheets. There are a group of us that met once a month and then play online the other times and it would be great to print off the sheets for that one time.

4. When the GameMaster asks for a role say for a spot, can that role be hiddened so the other games dont see it?

Thanks
    Ivellios

1. Should be no problem, whisper is defined in a .lua file, so you can change it easily to fit your needs.

4. is probably scriptable, for example by a special command.

printing

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellios

Secondly I am still trying to figure out everything it can do but I just have a lite license since I am not hosting. So I was wondering if the following things exists or could they be enhancements.

2. Any way to download server characters to local machine? Since my character is on my Gamemasters server I can't review it or look at it since I upgraded to FG II.

3. You gotta give us a way to print off the character sheets. There are a group of us that met once a month and then play online the other times and it would be great to print off the sheets for that one time.

4. When the GameMaster asks for a role say for a spot, can that role be hiddened so the other games dont see it?

Thanks
    Ivellios
    Ivellios, spot on! I think the only element missing from FG2 is the option to print out stuff. Not only character sheets, I would be happy to see notes printable too, since when a capaign is over I would love to get my stuff as a hardcopy for my records with the click of a button.
    However, I do indeed see a reason why such functionality is not available. The focus of FG is to be the best VGT available, and in that its doing just fine. If at some point in the future the developers don't have any other crucial improvement to our experience to add then I guess they might consider such stuff.

Printing

I have to admit the lack of any ability to print out information, chats, characters, etc from the game session is an awfully big feature that is lacking. Has anyone developed some kind of export program? Maybe information can be exported into something else to be printed from there?

Quote Originally Posted by lucyanor
    Ivellios, spot on! I think the only element missing from FG2 is the option to print out stuff. Not only character sheets, I would be happy to see notes printable too, since when a capaign is over I would love to get my stuff as a hardcopy for my records with the click of a button.
    However, I do indeed see a reason why such functionality is not available. The focus of FG is to be the best VGT available, and in that its doing just fine. If at some point in the future the developers don't have any other crucial improvement to our experience to add then I guess they might consider such stuff.

Blog Entries
    As FGII stores all campaign information in XML format, its incredibly easy to extract the data, manipulate and then output into either HTML or text format ready for printing.

Whilst it would be nice I agree to have an inbuilt feature, its still doable if you don't mind getting your hands dirty with XSL.

As an example I updated the original Campaign Tools .NET app to enable this functionality for 4E campaigns and viewing/printing charsheets. I even extended the support to take user defined XSLs so that support for other rulesets is possible.

The tool is bundled with a modified version of one of Doug's (FGII owner) 4E XSL sheet, when used it outputs FGII charsheets as nice looking HTML 4E Character Sheets.

You can find the tool and XSL at my 4E Resource Site (see sig.)
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivellios

Thanks
    Ivellios
    1. Whispers to players is ruleset dependent. What ruleset are you using? D20_JPG allows it, for example. The command is:
    /w character message
    Or, you can just type in the chat box and drag the text to the picture of the character at the top of the screen (not sure if that works for players, but it does for GM).

2. You should be able to do this. Sign onto the GM's server and look at the character. Shut down FG. Do NOT free the character before you sign off. Then start up FG and select 'manage characters'. You'll be given a list of campaigns you've played to select. Choose wisely, and you should see your characters. You can't modify anything, but you can review it.

3. Yeah, big time. Dr. Zeuss' utilities do it for 4e players.

4. This is also ruleset dependent. If the ruleset supports "The Box" option and the GM enables it, there will be a little icon in the lower right-hand corner of your 'tabletop' next to the token box. Drop your dice there and you won't see the result but the GM will.

Hope that helps.

~P
    Last edited by Phystus; August 14th, 2010 at 04:15.

Thread Information