Starfinder Playlist

Library is empty?

Greetings,

Tonight when I connected to the DM's server, I was able to start a new char, set a portrait, but the library section was empty. When I checked the mod management, everything has a check mark for it, but they don't seem to load in the library. I am running FGII 2.6.5, Win XP with recent updates.

My setup is;
    Netopia DSL router, software 7.7.0r2
    I added Pinholes for port 1802 both TCP & UDP. the internal address is the fixed IP for a wireless router.

the wireless is Netgear MR814v2, of which I fixed its IP on the Netopia.
    the wireless has port forwarding, and I've added 1802, but does not distinguishes for UDP or TCP, so I am not sure if its one or the other or both.

from the wireless, the ports are being forwarded to a fixed IP which is my laptop.

on my laptop, i've added exceptions for FGII, TCP 1802, UDP 1802.

So it looks like this
    DSL-->Netopia (has pinholes)-->Netgear (IP fixed on Netopia, port forwarding on)-->laptop (IP fixed on Netgear, port and FGII exceptions in firewall)

So when I connect to the server, I get an (HTTP 404 Not Found) error about not completing a file transfer for a portrait. I was able to start a new char, but cannot see anything in the Library section.

I used pcflank.com advance port scanner, scanned TCP 1802 and its closed.

I do use Spysweeper and NOD32, but had attempted to connect with either one or the other or both turned off without success.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    It sounds like you will need to request to open the modules by dragging the book open. Is the book icon still closed for each of them?

now that you mention it, I did not see any book icons in the mod management.

If you open the module manager using the button in the upper right corner, you should see a list of modules that you can activate or deactivate for the current campaign. In order to activate the modules so that they show up in the library, you have to double-click or drag them. There are detailed instructions in the user manual on how to activate.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...gm_library.xcp

Cheers,
    JPG

I'm having the same problem, however when I click to open library, there is nothing on the left side to open. My DM allowed a module and forced another one. I can see both when I click on the Mod button, but can't double-click or drag from there. Help!

You have to double-click on the module thumbnail, or drag the book icon to the left in order to open a module. When the module is loaded, the book icon will show an open book in the module manager window.

The type of module is very important as well.
    Host: Not available on client at all.
    Client: Can be allowed by host, but must be installed on client.
    Common: Can be allowed by host, and only needs to be installed on host. It will be shared with clients.

If you are talking about the 4E ruleset, I know that the 4E parser generates client modules by default.

Cheers,
    JPG

Well, in my case the module thumbnail was not there to open, the module area was empty as well.

But it has been resolved, GM realized that I need the mod files on my computer, and once I downloaded them and placed them in my mod folder, everything worked fine.

Thread Information