Starfinder Playlist
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I see at least 6 exts running in your screen shot, can you give us a list of the exts running? or test without them other than AURA EFFECTs?
    Sorry, you are correct: I have not tested the interdependency of extensions.
    I have the whole GrimPress stack for AE & EE loaded (except Combat Groups), including Auras & Vizualizer, BCEG, MeAndUnique Stuff. I will retest with the limited set to confirm the assumption.

Thanks for helping find that, everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    I will retest with the limited set to confirm the assumption.
    Testing with Aura Effects and BCEG only loaded (plus the Winter Theme, which has no impact), the issue persists:
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 210926.png

Swapping BCEG against BCE (or taking it completely out), the incorrect additional damage is gone:
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 211414.png

Thanks to MrDDT for nailing it down to those two.
    I honestly forgot that DMGO is native FGU. I thought it is added by BCE :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Testing with Aura Effects and BCEG only loaded (plus the Winter Theme, which has no impact), the issue persists:
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 210926.png
    Ryan has fixed it in BCEG.

Just picked up Better Effects Gold and tried out the Barbarian thing for the Wolf Totem:

Wolf Totem; AURA: 5 enemy; Wolf Totem AoE; IF: FACTION(notself); IFT: FACTION(!ally); IFT: !CUSTOM(Wolf Totem); GRANTADVATK: melee

It is granting the baddies advantage to the barbarian. Is there something I've done wrong?

Spirit Guardians: I copied this from this thread. It's hitting the caster despite the !self (I also tried NOTSELF). Used with BCEG.

Spirit Guardians; (C); AURA: 15 enemy,neutral,single; ($) Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(!self); SAVEA: [SDC] WIS (M) (H); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant
    Last edited by ColoradoGM; May 28th, 2024 at 09:00.

When reporting issues with Aura Effect, please be sure to test whether the issue appears when used without other extensions. Also, please be sure to share which version number of each extension you are using (including Aura Effect)
    My extensions all post their version number in the chat box when you load a campaign with the extension selected.
    While I am happy to work with the authors/maintainers of other extensions to resolve compatibility, this is necessary information to do so.
    Last edited by bmos; May 28th, 2024 at 23:38.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    Spirit Guardians: I copied this from this thread. It's hitting the caster despite the !self (I also tried NOTSELF). Used with BCEG.

Spirit Guardians; (C); AURA: 15 enemy,neutral,single; ($) Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(!self); SAVEA: [SDC] WIS (M) (H); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant
    Make sure you are BCEG v5.30.2 and if you still see the issue please let me know in BCEG thread

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post

I'm using this with BCEG and it's working fine.

Spirit Guardians; (C); AURA: 15 !ally, single, blue; AOE Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEA: [SDC] WIS (M)(H); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant, spell

1. Last year BMOS told me to use isAuraApplicable to override so I could add my NOTTARGETING effect checking to insure aura did not target things it should not. This year I noticed this function is no longer even being triggered. Please insure this is put back in the relevant loops it needs to check on processing things within range of an aura. What follows is the override that I was told to do - and used to work...
      Code:
      -- Override AURA to respect NOTARGETING effect
      function isAuraApplicable(nodeEffect, rSource, rTarget, aFactions)
      	local isAura = saveisAuraApplicable(nodeEffect, rSource, rTarget, aFactions);
      	if isAura then
      		if EffectManager.hasEffect(rTarget, "NOTARGETING") then
      			isAura = false;
      		end
      	end
      	return isAura;
      end
    2. When a CT token is added to the map the aura effects are not being processed. This makes things like BCEGs SAVEA (and likely other stuff) not get applied when the CT entry with aura effects has its token placed on the map. This is because currently AURA only processes an effect when its added or modified (not when it already exists). This creates inconsistent behaviors. The only work around is to manually change aura effect in CT or turn it off and on to get it to process after token is placed. It should be overriding one of the add token hooks to insure aura effects are processed after it is placed.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information