DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hidden player rolls

I don't mean to necro a post but we had an issue in our last game that all player rolls were hidden from the players. Using the 1st edition Pathfinder setting, the only extention is the official Pathfinder theme.

Players could pick up dice and drop them in the chat box for rolls, but any rolls off the character sheet were hidden
    Last edited by orien45; May 15th, 2024 at 16:30.

The issue you reported does not appear to be the same as the original post from the thread you posted in and the thread is older than a year, so you should start a new thread in those scenarios. I went ahead and moved to a new thread.

There is nothing that I'm aware of in the rulesets that would hide PC rolls added from the PC sheet. Can you post a zipped up copy of your campaign folder?

Regards,
    JPG

Sure... how does that work, lol? Dragging and dropping isn't it. I don't see an attachment button

In the Go Advanced section when posting, there is a button to Manage Attachments, where you can upload files.
    Additionally, you can just post a OneDrive/GoogleDrive/DropBox link. Just make sure anyone with link can download option is set.

Regards,
    JPG

Here is the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just loaded up that campaign, fired up a player copy, took control of Holg with the player copy, and made several rolls (check/save/skill/attack/damage). They all look like they are coming through on my machine.

Here's the screen clip I made (GM on the left, player on the right).

Do you have a screen shot of the rolls not working?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a screenshot Rolls hidden from player.png

He could roll Init but any Targeted rolls were hidden
    Last edited by orien45; May 17th, 2024 at 21:25.

Your screenshot shows the DM view which shows all of the information of the attack.

The crossed out eye icon indicates that you have the option show DM rolls set to off - meaning that the players will get limited information about the rolls that you make. If you also have the option Show results to clients set to off then the players will get limited information on their own rolls; including whether they hit or miss. So I suspect that you have that option set to off which means your players can't see if they hit or missed (that is the result of the roll). See the two screenshots below; the first roll was made with show results off and the second with show results on. Whilst the DM always gets all the information the players message in chat is different depending on the setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, can you test in a new campaign without any extensions? Since the options in your screenshots as you have set them wouldn't remove any information from players I'm guessing that an extension is interfering with the process.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information