STAR TREK 2d20

Contested Rolls (Grapple)

Is there a way to automate Contested Rolls like Grapple? In the PF2 system there is the VsDC system that I am a big fan of were these rolls were easy to do. I can'f figure out how to do this roll in 5e. It would be great if my player could use a skill like grapple by dropping it on the target.

How are all of you doing this?

Thanks

There is nothing built for that in the 5E ruleset. You would just roll the necessary rolls and apply Grappled effect from the Effects window.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Devistation View Post
    Is there a way to automate Contested Rolls like Grapple? In the PF2 system there is the VsDC system that I am a big fan of were these rolls were easy to do. I can'f figure out how to do this roll in 5e. It would be great if my player could use a skill like grapple by dropping it on the target.

How are all of you doing this?

Thanks
    Have you tried using the extension Generic Actions?
    It has this built into the EXT, easy to use down at the bottom of all NPCs and PCs (on the action tab)

If you don't already have it (which sounds like you don't) it's going on sale for 1$ may 20th.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/152/view

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Have you tried using the extension Generic Actions?
    It has this built into the EXT, easy to use down at the bottom of all NPCs and PCs (on the action tab)

If you don't already have it (which sounds like you don't) it's going on sale for 1$ may 20th.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/152/view
    Thanks for the heads up! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Information