DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, I read through the thread and I remain puzzled (or I missed the explanation) about the potential need for the older core rulebook if the new remastered GM and Player are loaded. If I am running so existing adventure modules that may make reference to things (spells, abilities, items) which changed during the remastering process, should I load both the new remastered books as well as the old books to ensure that the legacy content is available if needed from the adventure module I am using?
    It's up to you and your group if you play remastered or legacy. The short term decision may be based on what remastered data is currently available. For example, there are some classes from the legacy Core Rules that aren't available yet in the Player Core. Basically, it's up to you what data you use - if you want to swap out legacy spells on a PC, then you'll need the relevant remastered products activated. If you still want to use legacy data, then you'll need those products activated. There's not really a simple answer as everyone's situation may be different and so it will be up to your group to decide what they do regarding moving towards remastered in a legacy campaign, or what data to use if you're starting a new campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh good. It sounds like both can be loaded and it won't cause any conflicts. References to legacy only material will come from the legacy modules. References to remastered only material will come from the remastered modules and references to common material will be satisfied without conflict.

Oh good. It sounds like both can be loaded and it won't cause any conflicts. References to legacy only material will come from the legacy modules. References to remastered only material will come from the remastered modules and references to common material will be satisfied without conflict.
    Also, as far as I am aware, adventure modules either always or almost always contain local references to any data used in the module itself. i.e. if a module uses a monster from Bestiary 2, you don't actually need to load Bestiary 2 to play the module, because the module will have its own local copy of that monster.

And in those cases, the local copy will take precedence over both the legacy and remastered versions, at least as far as links inside the module are concerned.

Trenloe will I am sure correct me if I am mistaken, but my understanding is that is the case so that adventure modules are "feature complete" and you don't need to buy any other books just to run them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Trenloe will I am sure correct me if I am mistaken, but my understanding is that is the case so that adventure modules are "feature complete" and you don't need to buy any other books just to run them.
    As far as the local adventure data is concerned that is generally the case - unless the store page specifically calls out any exceptions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Also, as far as I am aware, adventure modules either always or almost always contain local references to any data used in the module itself. i.e. if a module uses a monster from Bestiary 2, you don't actually need to load Bestiary 2 to play the module, because the module will have its own local copy of that monster.

And in those cases, the local copy will take precedence over both the legacy and remastered versions, at least as far as links inside the module are concerned.

Thanks MaxAstro. I am switching over from Strength of Thousands to Rusthenge (1-3) & Seven Dooms for Sandpoint (4-11).
    I want to encourage the use of the remastered rules, but I also want to allow the legacy content from Secrets of Magic and The Advanced Player's Guide.
    I have Secret's, Advanced Player's, Player Core (ORC) and GM (ORC) loaded. Do I need to load PF2 Core rules or should the players that use legacy content be expected to convert that content to use the remastered rules?

Do I need to load PF2 Core rules or should the players that use legacy content be expected to convert that content to use the remastered rules?
    As I mentioned previously: "The short term decision may be based on what remastered data is currently available. For example, there are some classes from the legacy Core Rules that aren't available yet in the Player Core.

We can't guess what content you're using in your game, and everything that was in the legacy Core Rules is not yet available in remastered books. For example: are your players playing an alchemist, barbarian, champion, monk or sorcerer? Or are the (or may they in the future) use archetype dedications for those classes?

If you're not sure then you can either enable the legacy Core Rules and inform your players to look out for duplicates and use the Player Core versions, or don't enable the legacy Core Rules and if you come across something you're missing then enable it if needed.

I picked up the full versions of GM Core and Player's Core to contribute to your marvelous efforts. Thank you.

I picked up the full versions of GM Core and Player's Core to contribute to your marvelous efforts. Thank you.
    Thank you for your support.

Thread Information