FG Spreadshirt Swag

Custom class specializations section

I've created some custom classes in the past and referencing those, plus the standard 5E PHB content, I can see there are linked specializations that show up on the "Other" tab. It seems new classes don't have that section. I tried looking in the Specializations record list but there aren't any there, and adding ones there don't auto-link to the class if you set it.

specs.jpg

Ultimately the question is how the class definition has changed in recent months and how we can link specializations to prompt the user at the right level with the right features now?

Class Specializations should be creating a new record in the Class Specializations list accessible via the Specializations button in the Classes list.

You no longer need to copy an entire class record in order to create a new class specialization. Just create the new Class Specialization record, and specify the Class it applies to in the Class field.

Regards,
    JPG

Okay, recording for posterity, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...so all subclass features go in the spec record tied to the class by name string. The link has become spec->class instead of the other way around, so I don't need to link to the spec on the class other page, but I found I can drop a link on the class main page so people can see it for reference ahead of time.

Blog Entries
    I think there is a section in the following linked video that explains it in more detail and should be helpful: Adding Specializations . .
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; October 22nd, 2022 at 03:29.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

So what about exporting Specializations to a new campaign? I have one set up so I can create characters, and I made a custom subclass for it in that campaign. I'm now trying to export that subclass to a friend's campaign so I can use it, but I don't know how I'm supposed to import it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeidsfieldK View Post
    So what about exporting Specializations to a new campaign? I have one set up so I can create characters, and I made a custom subclass for it in that campaign. I'm now trying to export that subclass to a friend's campaign so I can use it, but I don't know how I'm supposed to import it.
    Export the class to a module, then send the module to your friend and have them load it into their campaign.
    Type "/export" in chat and you will get an export window. Then select or drag what you want to export to the module. Give the module a name etc and then export. The module will then be in your FG Data / modules folder and you can copy it there to your email or otherwise share it with your friends. Just make sure if it contains Intellectual Property you don't have a right to distribute, that you keep it within your table.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you export it as a players module you don't need to send it to anyone. Just try to activate it in your activation screen once you have joined the DM and the DM can give you permission to use the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There is no Specializations button on the class list. Looks like it changed again. It's extremely unintuitive when it comes to trying to get the system to prompt a choice when dragging in a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Markimedes View Post
    There is no Specializations button on the class list. Looks like it changed again. It's extremely unintuitive when it comes to trying to get the system to prompt a choice when dragging in a class.
    This is showing just fine. What ruleset are you using? Are you using any extensions (including themes); can you see the button in a new campaign without extensions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information