DICE PACKS BUNDLE

can't open any map from my campaign since last update

Hi there,

I am pretty desparte. Normally if it's a major update I get a message about that before I click "update", so I know it's time to make a save of the campaign. this time I got the message after the update and naturally I did not make any save.

The main problem is, all maps of the dead in thay adventure from the module I bought are not going to open anymore. Its a lot of errors, some maps open totally in black and some don't open at all. Thou we are playing tomorrow I am a bit in a hurry now to fix that, please is there any help to undo this mess. I dont want to reimport the whole module complete new there are 4 years of self made notices on the maps, I really REALLY am desperate to not lose everything.

What can I do?

I tried to attach a screenshot but that doesnt work either?!

The error message is: "[ERROR] Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/DD TYP Dead in Thay/Ooze-Grottos-Players.jpg)(*))

edit: I just realized I can't open any map we have ever played on and where are personal notices and tokens set. the parts of the map where nothing is changed from the original I can open. But thats horrible
    edit edit: it's dungeons and dragons, 5e
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nebulaleaf; March 10th, 2024 at 13:05.

Welcome to the forums.

The maps have been updated to webp which is causing the issue. If you right click on the map name in the image list and select revert changes it will update the map to the new one in the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you so much Zacch!

It's working perfectly.
    Nebu

So, all my pins and all my notes for people in the campaign are gone after I do this. Pretty much the best and worst update in my history now. Normally it wouldn't be that bad, but it's been weeks since I have had a chance to look at this because of schedules and stuff. Ouch....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravhn View Post
    So, all my pins and all my notes for people in the campaign are gone after I do this. Pretty much the best and worst update in my history now. Normally it wouldn't be that bad, but it's been weeks since I have had a chance to look at this because of schedules and stuff. Ouch....
    If you have a backup of your campaign files, there is another more elaborate path to save your changes. You have to manually edit teh xml files and replace references to the images that have been updated from .jpg to .webp

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow. Thank you. But how terrible.
    We haven't played for several months. But I very much dislike the way maximizing maps now work.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHaan View Post
    Wow. Thank you. But how terrible.
    We haven't played for several months. But I very much dislike the way maximizing maps now work.
    What is your issue with maximised maps?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What is your issue with maximised maps?
    Now it takes two clicks to maximize a just shared map to use all/most of the background. Where that was just one button click before.
    With just on maximize click there's too much 'padding' above/around.
    On a smaller display (laptop, full HD) there's easily too much window management if I don't move the map to the background. So that's something that we do all the time.

Besides that, there's also a lot of confusing buttons on the window bar now.

I must say I haven't read any updates/changelog before. They aren't really presented anyway when you update in the program.

The three step increase was a community request made during the beta for the latest update. As you probably know (or maybe not if you don't read the patch notes - click on the 'Release Notes' button on the start screen to see them) there is now a new 'faux' combat tracker at the top of the screen which shows all of the combatants (or at least quite a few of them). To make room for that or at least so that it didn't interfere with the maximised map there is a bar above the first maximised bar. But many people didn't like (or want) that so another click was added to make the map bigger and also go behind the chat box (which was also community requested). So there are now three sizes of map (excluding the normal size windowed one). By doing this more people are satisfied (except some it would seem).

The buttons at the top of the image have been re-configured so they are all in one place - they are pretty much all the same as they were before. You can mouse over them to get a tooltip to see what they do. Obviously with all of the new graphical improvements some more have been added to enable the token camera mode and the ping mode. Again hover over the icons to see what they do. You can get more information on the buttons here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...lbar+Functions

Blog Entries
    Two clicks vs one... ok. Yes that's true. But if you use the combat carousel rather than the combat tracker, the carousel fits nicely in the space left by the first step of sending to background. Then you have even more space and fewer windows to manage.

All those buttons are there because it makes them easier to find. A complaint lots of people had. If you mouse over them, they all have a pop up and should be easy to learn. Besides, the new capabilities such as Ping and Camera View needed to be accesible somewhere and the right mouse is out of slots in most rulesets.

The release notes have their own sub-forum, The City Hall and is at the top of the forums. The changelog is also linked directly from the FG Launch screen. It's a big button center bottom called Release Notes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information