5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Exported Module but not able to find it on my PC

Hello Again, I got to a stopping point for the adventure combination (Phandelver and Return to the Keep on the Borderland) and /export in Chat, receive a Module Exported Successfully but it doesn't show up in my modules. I've attached a screen shot of the Module page as I hit export. Can you see what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for all the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Make sure you are accessing your module folder using the shortcut to the FG Data Folder from the FG launch screen.

It's possible you have more than one installation of FG, and therefore more than 1 module folder. Or it's possible its not where you think it is.

Thus accessing it from the shortcut is certain to get you to the right place.

Note, I always remove spaces from the file name, but I don't think that would cause any issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The file name should be Mission to Phandalin.mod but not sure if that would cause it to not appear.

The main question I have is what are you actually exporting? You say you are combing two modules but you can't export what's in a module? So did you copy all the story entries, NPCs, etc etc and export the copies? Are both of those modules for 5e? or for 2e? Are you trying to open the module you just exported without first closing FGU out?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The file name should be Mission to Phandalin.mod but not sure if that would cause it to not appear.

The main question I have is what are you actually exporting? You say you are combing two modules but you can't export what's in a module? So did you copy all the story entries, NPCs, etc etc and export the copies? Are both of those modules for 5e? or for 2e? Are you trying to open the module you just exported without first closing FGU out?
    Hi there - thanks for getting back to me. I have the Development Campaign open, and I have copied some of the story entries (not all are needed for the adventure I'm wanting to run) as well as NPC's and Encounters, and added those in the proper group on the Story, NPC's, Items, Encounters, etc. It was the information in the Development Campaign that I'm trying to export.

Does that clarify things for you?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Make sure you are accessing your module folder using the shortcut to the FG Data Folder from the FG launch screen.

It's possible you have more than one installation of FG, and therefore more than 1 module folder. Or it's possible its not where you think it is.

Thus accessing it from the shortcut is certain to get you to the right place.

Note, I always remove spaces from the file name, but I don't think that would cause any issues.
    Thanks for your response, and I opened the folder from the Launch screen and checked the different campaigns and modules and did not find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by redjacobson View Post
    Hi there - thanks for getting back to me. I have the Development Campaign open, and I have copied some of the story entries (not all are needed for the adventure I'm wanting to run) as well as NPC's and Encounters, and added those in the proper group on the Story, NPC's, Items, Encounters, etc. It was the information in the Development Campaign that I'm trying to export.

Make sure you are viewing and loading your module in a separate session or you will get confused. Do not have multiples of the same module data exported because FG will show the oldest data. Make sure you are selecting the data types you wish to export before you finalize the export. If this doesn't work, hit me up in Fantasy Grounds Academy, "Laerun".

It's much easier to see and tell rather the writing lengthy instructions and explanations
    https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw .
    Last edited by Laerun; May 11th, 2024 at 21:05.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Make sure you are viewing and loading your module in a separate session or you will get confused. Do not have multiples of the same module data exported because FG will show the oldest data. Make sure you are selecting the data types you wish to export before you finalize the export. If this doesn't work, hit me up in Fantasy Grounds Academy, "Laerun".

It's much easier to see and tell rather the writing lengthy instructions and explanations
    https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw .
    Hi - I'm on the FGAcademy and also signed up for the Discord for tech support, but I'm not sure where to go from here

Quote Originally Posted by redjacobson View Post

Well it tells me what you are trying to export. Did you add the .mod to the filename in the export window? As Laerun says above it may be easier if you hit us up on Discord so we can screenshare and maybe have a better idea of what the issue is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Right click on my name in the official Discord (it's Zacchaeus) and select Message and type something.

I didn't add the .mod to the file name. Let me get out of the adventure I'm looking at and switch campaigns

Thread Information