Starfinder Playlist
    Wolf: While you're raging, your friends have advantage on melee attack rolls against any hostile creature within 5 feet of you. The spirit of the wolf makes you a leader of hunters.
    This requires Better Combat Effects Gold. You turn this on when the Barb is raging. I can link it to raging but that seemed like a bit much for having this coding on all the time trying to detect rage or not.

Code:
    Wolf Totem; AURA: 5 enemy; Wolf Totem AoE; IF: FACTION(notself); IFT: FACTION(!ally); IFT: !CUSTOM(Wolf Totem); GRANTADVATK: melee

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This requires Better Combat Effects Gold. You turn this on when the Barb is raging. I can link it to raging but that seemed like a bit much for having this coding on all the time trying to detect rage or not.

Code:
    Wolf Totem; AURA: 5 enemy; Wolf Totem AoE; IF: FACTION(notself); IFT: FACTION(!ally); IFT: !CUSTOM(Wolf Totem); GRANTADVATK: melee
    Thank you very much. I have Better Combat Effects, but, not Gold. It appears that the FACTION(notself) part doesn't work unless I have Gold. Otherwise, it works fine. As it stands, the Barbarian is granting advantage to himself, which isn't supposed to happen. Not a bit deal. Just have to remember to click disadvantage when not recklessing.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    Thank you very much. I have Better Combat Effects, but, not Gold. It appears that the FACTION(notself) part doesn't work unless I have Gold. Otherwise, it works fine. As it stands, the Barbarian is granting advantage to himself, which isn't supposed to happen. Not a bit deal. Just have to remember to click disadvantage when not recklessing.

Thank you.
    Well the FACTION(notself) is not for that, its for him not to "GRANTADVATK: melee" to people attacking him. Because without that, he would be as he would be affected by the AURA.
    The "IFT: !CUSTOM(Wolf Totem)" is to stop him from getting ADV on attacks.

I guess the ! part is BCEG and BCE doesn't have it. I'm not really sure all the diffs in BCEG and BCE.
    But glad you are able to use it.

I had my group fight last night against an ice troll, and encountered an unexpected side effect of AURA and spell effect combination on the same PC.

The ice troll has a "Cold Aura" which is described as "Any creature that starts its turn within 10 feet of the troll takes 10 (3d6) cold damage." It is coded as:
    Code:
    Cold Aura; AURA: 10 all; AoE Cold Aura; IF: FACTION(!self); DMGO: 3d6 cold
    The group cleric decided to attack the troll after preparing himself with the "Elemental Weapon" spell, which is coded as:
    Code:
    Fire Weapon; (C); ATK: 1; DMGTYPE: magic; DMG: 1d4 fire
    Above effect is applied to the cleric, and he correctly adds fire damage to his weapon. He also has the "AoE Cold Aura" correctly applied from the close-by troll.

Now, when the turn shifts to the cleric, the ongoing damage from the aura is rolled and applied, but IN ADDITION, the damage from the "Fire Weapon" effect is applied as well. This was extremely annoying as the concentration check afterwards was failed, so the "Elemental Weapon" spell expired.

Is there a way to prevent auras to interact with the effects on the affected targets own spells (other than disabling them manually before the turn)?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    I had my group fight last night against an ice troll, and encountered an unexpected side effect of AURA and spell effect combination on the same PC.
    Does this not happen with the core ruleset?

My advice would be to apply that Elemental Weapon effect using Advanced Effects as an ActionOnly effect (so it only applies to attacks made with the touched weapon as per the spell).
    The way you have written it "DMG: 1d4 fire" applies to all attacks initiated by the character so since DMGO is basically handled as the character attacking themself "DMG: 1d4 fire" also applies there.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post

My advice would be to apply that Elemental Weapon effect using Advanced Effects as an ActionOnly effect (so it only applies to attacks made with the touched weapon as per the spell).
    The way you have written it "DMG: 1d4 fire" applies to all attacks initiated by the character so since DMGO is basically handled as the character attacking themself "DMG: 1d4 fire" also applies there.
    It doesn't and shouldn't happen. As in the screenshot when it's Bob's turn he only takes the ongoing damage without the extra fire damage. He still needs to make the concentration check of course but he doesn't take any fire damage. DMG: ndn only fires when the character makes a damage roll.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It doesn't and shouldn't happen.
    Well, unfortunately, it does:
    Screenshot 2024-05-19 172243.png

Indeed, Advanced Effects extension with an ActionOnly coding might avoid this, but to my knowledge, there is no extension that would apply a spell effect to an item instead of the PC. All "Elemental Weapons" effects would need to be pre-coded on each weapon and manually activated/deactivated. Not the direction I would like to take.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post

That's not how it's works.

Also I'm not able to get it to happen in my test campaign.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Well, unfortunately, it does:
    Screenshot 2024-05-19 172243.png

Indeed, Advanced Effects extension with an ActionOnly coding might avoid this, but to my knowledge, there is no extension that would apply a spell effect to an item instead of the PC. All "Elemental Weapons" effects would need to be pre-coded on each weapon and manually activated/deactivated. Not the direction I would like to take.
    I see at least 6 exts running in your screen shot, can you give us a list of the exts running? or test without them other than AURA EFFECTs?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I see at least 6 exts running in your screen shot, can you give us a list of the exts running? or test without them other than AURA EFFECTs?
    So after testing a few of the ones I thought/seen might be running, I can see that BETTER COMBAT EFFECTS GOLD, is causing it to add that extra damage.

I will see what we can do about that and why it's doing it.

Thread Information