Starfinder Playlist

Fantasy Grounds Classic - How To's for Creating A Module

As the subject says, I'm putting together a combination 2nd Edition D&D adventure with Lost Mine of Phandelver and Return to the Keep on the Borderlands. I've got the encounters, NPCs in their own groups but I want to name the Story and can't find a way to do it. For Example the Story Entries has the name at the top of the screen reading "Book - Campaign" but I want to change the Name to something more specific, like Phandalin to Keep or something.

I've got the 2nd Edition Ruleset for the Development Campaign if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help you can give me, because I'm starting to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Are you sure you are using Classic? There isn't a way to create a reference manual in Classic, that I can remember.

At any rate you'll need to put your story entries into a group (or groups) that you want to export. You can name that group whatever you want and it will export with that group name.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Can you post some screen shots of what you are seeing and what you want to do?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you sure you are using Classic? There isn't a way to create a reference manual in Classic, that I can remember.

At any rate you'll need to put your story entries into a group (or groups) that you want to export. You can name that group whatever you want and it will export with that group name.
    D'OH! Sorry, cranial flatulence. I'm using FGU but running the 2nd Edition Ruleset.

And I just discovered what I was doing wrong. Instead of the Story Entry, I opened the Builder option in the menus. I just chose the Story Entry in the Records Tab and it brought up the normal window that you see for Items, NPCs, Encounters, etc. So I was able to add a group and change the name.

Thanks for your assistance

Now, next question, is there a way to show all the creatures/people that have Salt Water as their habitat? The start of the adventure has the characters taking a several day boat right from Ventris in the Korinn Archipeligo to Neverwinter, and I want to check for random encounters. Once I have the things that can be encountered, and have them sorted by common, uncommon, etc, how do I build an actual table to plug them in?

Thanks again

Actually, as I replied above, I was suffering from a major case of Cranial Flatulence and was using the wrong options, etc, but that has been taken care of, fortunately. I didn't really realize how much work combining modules can be, especially when one of the modules isn't available in VTT format, darn it!

Thank you anyway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redjacobson View Post
    Now, next question, is there a way to show all the creatures/people that have Salt Water as their habitat?
    I'm not sure if D&D Classics has a filter for terrain. You are using that ruleset and not 5E right? I doubt it, but check in that sub-forum as someone there might have a better idea.

If you are using 5E, I don't think 5E NPCs have terrain field that you can sort on so I don't think it will work.

The MM might have tables for this. Or you can probably find lists online that will give you the info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information