DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issue with LONG REST resetting number uses in power groups when set to ONCE in 5e

5e Ruleset

I've been trying to use the number of uses option in power groups under the ACTIONS tab to account for charges expended for certain magic items. The options under number of uses are DAILY, REST and ONCE.

When I set individual actions to ONCE under PREPARATION MODE, the counter pips don't reset after clicking the LONG REST option in the combat tracker but if I set number of uses to ONCE in a power group (ABILITY) they seem to be resetting when I award the LONG REST.

For example I have a player with a Stonespeaker crystal that has 10 charges and can use different combinations of charges for different effects.
    (It restores 1d6+4 charges daily at dawn but that part isn't automated so the player has to roll and then manually reset pips.)
    After awarding a LONG REST, the number of available charges resets to all available.

Crystal.jpg

Blog Entries
    Can you reproduce in a new campaign with no extensions? I ask because as a player in a 5E campaign, I'm not having this problem with my character.

And it never hurts to Compile Logs and attach, even when the console is not throwing errors.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just tested this and neither the group set to once or the Preparation mode set to once come back after a long rest. Once means just that - it only works once and when all of the charges are used it's gone. Daily means per long rest; and Rest means short rest. So it sounds like you should be using Daily instead of Once if the thing gets recharged daily. As LE points out an extension could be an issue. But also don't set the number of uses in the power group and also in preparation mode since they are mutually exclusive - so use one or the other whichever is most appropriate for what you want to do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information