Starfinder Playlist
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last
    @Moon Wizard - so I just did some more testing... without the SW - Savage Rifts setting, clicking on Campaign bring ups the Book as expected, but with the SW - Savage Rifts setting, the Book is a blank to be rebuilt, and turning off the extension does not fix it.

I haven't test with other SW Settings extensions, will do that now.

EDIT:
    Use the SW Setting Deadlands Noir and it also breaks the Campaign Book (formerly known as Reference Manual)

GIFs on Discord: https://discord.com/channels/2745828...81696248414209

EDIT: OK, tested again, its doing this without the extension. Will keep checking for a cause.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; March 3rd, 2024 at 11:49.

@Jiminimonka,

I might need more information on exactly what is and what is not working. If a campaign was opened in the Test channel and the Campaign story book option opened before the Module Maker version was built, then it will have created the skeleton of a story book in the database, and thus will always exist going forward.

As I mentioned, the fix I put in place was to allow Module Maker books to be read; not necessarily as a full compatibility system. I might need help migrating Module Maker since Ikael is not around; and it needs to be migrated to build with the standard like everything else, instead of doing it's own thing.

Regards,
    JPG

Look in the db.xml file, find the <reference> node. Is there a <manual> node under that?
    You may be experiencing the same issue I am. See my post 99.

The standard location for Story Book information (i.e. story book index definition/links) is "reference.refmanualindex".
    The standard location for Story Book pages (i.e. "advanced" story page data / just called reference manual pages before) is "reference.refmanualdata".

If there is a reference.manual node in the db.xml of a campaign, then that was generated by some other tool, such as Module Maker. Also, those modules generated by Module Maker appear to have the reference pages intermixed with the index data.
    The Campaign button will only open "reference.refmanualindex".

Regards,
    JPG

Hi Doug

Just watched the latest update video and am highly impressed. There was some talk recently mentioning “Combat List”, was that refering to the cycling initiative tracker in the top left?

In regards to that, I hope it is optional, and if I read correctly you can set a limit on how many to show, correct? And is it a GM or Player setting? Asking because the last session I played in had over 20 in the tracker, and that would take up a lot of real estate at the top.

Now just got to get GM aware of it. Most of the group don’t follow the forums.

There is now a per-user setting that controls how many entries appear in the Tabletop Combat List (6,8,10,12), which is a per-user setting because the size desired is usually tied to screen real estate, not the campaign.
    Also, each user can decide whether they want to show the Tabletop Party List or Tabletop Combat List on the tabletop.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Hi Doug

Just watched the latest update video and am highly impressed. There was some talk recently mentioning “Combat List”, was that refering to the cycling initiative tracker in the top left?

In regards to that, I hope it is optional, and if I read correctly you can set a limit on how many to show, correct? And is it a GM or Player setting? Asking because the last session I played in had over 20 in the tracker, and that would take up a lot of real estate at the top.

Now just got to get GM aware of it. Most of the group don’t follow the forums.
    The Combat Cycler is optional, for players and GM.

Maybe there is a reason but
    Combat Tabletop List view, the widgets displaying the conditions/effects don't support hover and don't seem to follow the same behavior as the token when the options are set for Icon IconHover Mark MarkHover. I would also expect there to be tooltip text?

They are not the same as the tokens; and are not designed to support hover options. The effects/health will either be shown or not.

I'll have to look into whether tooltip text can be supported. Token widgets and Control widgets are actually two different beasts in the client.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    5E Sample Campaign (and any others) should be updated with the new NPC icons.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information