Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Keeping Campaign Options for Extensions etc. for a New Campaign

Hi Folks,
    I was just curious as to if there was anyway to copy a specific file to keep the chosen Campaign Options that one chooses (when clicking the Gear Icon) and using it for a different Campaign instead of needing to go through and re-choose all the options. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    What I do is just copy the entire campaign folder to the new campaign name. But if you don't want to drag all the other stuff (images, stories etc) just copy the extenstate.xml file from the old campaign folder to the new one.

edit: sorry, extenstate is not the campaign options, those are stored... db.xml. But that will copy NPCs, stories and lot of other things too. You can jsut copy out the <options> section.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; August 18th, 2023 at 20:58.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The campaign options are saved in a couple places. (options tag in campaign db.xml (campaign-wide options); CampaignRegistry.lua in campaign folder (per user options)) You can always move them manually if you feel comfortable with that. Otherwise, there is not currently a way to do that.

Regards,
    JPG

That would be a useful feature, export / import campaign option settings.

Edit: Hmm, suggestion list appears to be down?

I agree Nylanfs. For extensions/modules you can at least copy "extensionstate.xml" and "modulestate.xml" to keep the what you had. I was hoping for something like that for this but ohhh well...

Blog Entries
    Vote for the request here; Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I was just curious as to if there was anyway to copy a specific file to keep the chosen Campaign Options that one chooses (when clicking the Gear Icon) and using it for a different Campaign instead of needing to go through and re-choose all the options. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!
    A very easy workaround, until there's a proper functionality to export/import extensions and themes between campaigns, is to create a default campaign with all your basic selections, and copy that when you need to create a new campaign (instead of clicking "create campaign"). For example, I have a few base campaigns, one per ruleset, each one with the name starting with "__" so that they are at the top of the list ("__5E base campaign", "__Cyberpunk base campaign" etc). The convenience is also that not only the extensions are already selected, but the most common modules can be stored too.

Agreed. I did that for this game I’m starting next month. It was nice not having to set a lot of things like options and the extensions and such. I think this will be my default way from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    A very easy workaround, until there's a proper functionality to export/import extensions and themes between campaigns, is to create a default campaign with all your basic selections, and copy that when you need to create a new campaign (instead of clicking "create campaign"). For example, I have a few base campaigns, one per ruleset, each one with the name starting with "__" so that they are at the top of the list ("__5E base campaign", "__Cyberpunk base campaign" etc). The convenience is also that not only the extensions are already selected, but the most common modules can be stored too.
    Thanks Lo!! That's a terrific idea as a work around.

I recently updated the power up extension to allow import/export of campaign options

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/726/view

Thread Information