DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Art Subscription Cancellation

I made a support ticket several hours ago and hadn't heard anything so thought I'd post this here.

I've had an art subscription since it was offered. It's always been auto payed on the 6th of the month. Today I got a notification, out of the blue, that my subscription had been canceled. When I looked back into my payment history, I noticed there had been no autopay for this month. It doesn't even look like there was an attempt to draw the funds. This is drawn from my primary checking, which always has funds so I'm not sure what's happened here. I only knew there was an issue because of the cancelation notice, 18 days later.

Do I need to just go in and rebuy the subscription? I don't mind doing that but it would be a better approach, IMO, to get a notice or something that says Smiteworks was unable to gain payment are you sure you wish to cancel your subscription? Even more so when, if you've been using the map tools, you essentially lose the capability to use maps created with those tools.
    Currently DM for the 5E homebrew campaign, Sands of Al-Khemet (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating
    Currently play as Scrax, a Ysoki operative/gunslinger, in Starfinder's Dead Suns adventure path (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating

Blog Entries
    I suspect you are going to have to wait for Support to get back to you. It may have been a surprise to them as well and they need to escalate internally before they can give you an intelligent answer.

I would only rebuy if you have updated and lost access to the assets or need to update and will lose access before you get a response from them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello JonStornbringer,

Paypal will attempt to make the charge, then wait a week again try again. If it cannot successfully make the charge a second time, the subscription is automatically cancelled. This is what happened in the case of your Art Sub.

Subscription Info
    Subscription ID: I-XXXXXXXXX [redacted]
    Canceled by: Merchant
    Reason: Payment for at least one previous billing cycle failed for a total of $4.99 USD.

You may want to check with your financial institution to make sure everything is OK with your primary checking account, just to be sure going forward. If all is well, feel free to simply purchase a new Art Sub with your current or updated financial information.

Quote Originally Posted by WishX View Post
    Hello JonStornbringer,

Paypal will attempt to make the charge, then wait a week again try again. If it cannot successfully make the charge a second time, the subscription is automatically cancelled. This is what happened in the case of your Art Sub.

Subscription Info
    Subscription ID: I-XXXXXXXXX [redacted]
    Canceled by: Merchant
    Reason: Payment for at least one previous billing cycle failed for a total of $4.99 USD.

You may want to check with your financial institution to make sure everything is OK with your primary checking account, just to be sure going forward. If all is well, feel free to simply purchase a new Art Sub with your current or updated financial information.
    OK. Thanks.
    Currently DM for the 5E homebrew campaign, Sands of Al-Khemet (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating
    Currently play as Scrax, a Ysoki operative/gunslinger, in Starfinder's Dead Suns adventure path (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating

Thread Information