Starfinder Playlist
Page 83 of 96 First ... 3373818283848593 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Hello all,
    Is there a proper way to extract a .MOD to re-create a functioning Campaign Folder? If so, what files need to be created in addition to those in the .MOD?

I can't find my original campaign folder and need to make extensive changes to the .MOD.

Thanks in advance
    Sort of... The .mod file is a zip file. Rename it to .zip and you can extract it.
    But, it's not the exact same format as a campaign file. I'm sure their is a correlation, but not sure what it is. If you are good enough with xml, you can figure it out if needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The other option, create a new devl campaign, open the module in it. Copy everything from the module to the campaign, close the module.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails, Thanks for the reply.
    I tried the new campaign route and the problem is the settings for images (LoS, etc.) don't transfer. I've got hundreds of hours into the maps alone. That's the sticky bit.
    I guess I need to look into the campaign file structure a bit more and play with it some.

Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    There is a way to export LOS/Lightning from one image to another. But sorry, other than knowing it exists (right mouse click on the image?) I don't know how to use it.

Mr. Z probably does, I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

Right-Click on the LoS layer and choose Export Metadata.

Then place both the XML file and the Image file into the Images folder together (make sure they have the same name except for the Extension, .jpg for the images, and .xml for the metadata).

You'll need to do as follows:

1. Create a new campaign and close it down. Come out of fantasy Grounds altogether.
    2. Unzip the module and copy the images from the images folder in the module and paste them into the images folder in the campaign you created.
    3. Copy the db.xml file from the module and paste into the campaign overwriting the campaign db.
    4. Open that db file in a text editor and search for @yourmodulename (so if your module was called My Map Module search for @My Map Module). Replace all instances of that with nothing. And I mean nothing; not a space or anything - just blank)
    5. Look for all instances of <bitmap> in the db.xml and replace all instances of <bitmap>images with <bitmap>campaign/images
    6 Save the xml; open your campaign and hope that it works

You may well have to open the module in another campaign and export the meta data (open the image and unlock it and right click on the image base layer) from each image to and include that exported xml file in the images folder of your campaign along with the images (don't change the names of the file - the xml file must be the same as the image)

If all you want are the images then just copy the images into a new campaign and add the meta data files to that same folder. Then open the campaign and import the images and export to a new module.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 8th, 2023 at 19:55.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks all,
    I knew the Wizard of Z would have the answer to my dilemma.
    and thanks Sulimo, that will come in handy also
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Hi Guys - Quick question :-
    How can I change an already imported image's Category from "Uncategorised" to a newly created Category?
    I'm trying to tidy up a growing campaign
    Also posted this in Discord

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Hi Guys - Quick question :-
    How can I change an already imported image's Category from "Uncategorised" to a newly created Category?
    I'm trying to tidy up a growing campaign
    Also posted this in Discord
    Open the category/group pull down, drag the image from the list to the category/group.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Open the category/group pull down, drag the image from the list to the category/group.
    Got it!

thanks!

Thread Information