FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 21 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by skkruff View Post
    Hi, my group is switching over to this CPRED module on FG from r20 and I'm having trouble getting a bunch of core features to work.

Solo Role Abilities: For example, if I change my Threat Detection and then roll Perception, my bonus isn't added to the roll. In the description of the ability it says "Update this ability when points are added." What does that mean? How do I 'update' abilities? As a Solo, I switch these points around all the time so I need these bonuses to work.

Weapon mods - Smartgun link, targeting scope etc. - having a smartgun link doesn't add +1 to attack rolls. There's no obvious way to change the attack bonus on a weapon manually. I'm using an excellent quality weapon, so it is getting some sort of attack bonus, but I can't add the smartgun link bonus myself. I could add this bonus on misc on skills, but I'd need to remember to remove them if I switch to a weapon without a smartlink. Ditto on targeting scope, it doesn't reduce the penalty on aimed shots.

Thanks for your work on this, hopefully I'm just being dim and you can tell me what I'm doing wrong with these features. Cheers.
    Hi!

For solos: In my implementation, Solo Abilities are not "fully automated" by the amount of rank you have currently. When your Solo changes his allocation of points above (which he can do in the "Role Ability" section) you should click the "Link" for his Solo Abilities (once added to the "Actions" tab) and edit the ability. For this particular one, you should set the "SKILL:Perception 4" effect to have the value necessary for the points allocated in that skill. Then they can just click the "Apply Effect" button when they use it, which will give them that bonus to their Perception rolls. (See my screenshots below.) (Edit: Note that they need to be in the Combat Tracker first!)

Solo1.jpg
    Solo2.jpg

For weapon mods, unfortunately, yes, I do not have a way to automate the bonuses for those in this implementation. What I suggest is setting the "Location" on the inventory tab to show that they are attached like so:

Linked.jpg

Then, for the bonuses, you can edit the weapon to apply them so you don't have to remember (in most cases!) For example, Smart Gun link adds +1 to rolls? Just reduce the "DV" for all the values by 1. If it's autofire, you'll also see the DV tables for Autofire below, reduce there too! Alternatively, you can apply this effect to the player on the CT when they use this weapon, or give them an "Ability" to apply it themself: "Smart Gun Link; ATK: 1" (just remember to de-activate the ability when they switch weapons if you do it this way!) For other mods like Ammo Capacity, just change the "Magazine Capacity" on the weapon manually, and use the Location tab to track that the mod is applied there.

Targeting Scope will be a little trickier... you'll have to remember to remind the player for this one to manually click the "+1" mod below to apply that bonus:

Mod.jpg

I hope that helps! You're definitely not being dim, so no worries, the ruleset can be a bit tricky in this respect since not *everything* is 100% automated. For what it's worth, I am currently working on something that I hope to be able to announce at some point that will basically have all features you could hope for here.

Okay I think I get it, although it seems very clunky unfortunately. So I had to pull the role abilities over from the bar on the right into the actions page on my sheet, which wasn't super obvious. Solos can alter their Combat Awareness mix every initiative (or using an action) so having to go in and manually alter these each time is not ideal. Also, it seems like the Abilities page on my sheet is essentially redudant (apart from tracking my current allocation) because the numbers there have no mechanical effect on my rolls, is that correct?

Finally, as I'm testing this myself ahead of our game tomorrow, my PC is not part of the combat tracker so when I apply Threat Detection it is 'dropped'. I haven't used this VTT before so I don't know if our PCs will be permanently on the tracker, but if not this doesn't quite work as Perception is most often rolled out of combat.

For my weapon I might go with the DV option as I often find myself switching between different ranged weapons and melee as combat dictates and sooner or later I'm bound to forget to add or remove the smartlink bonus. I can't help but think a field in the 'Attack' area on the Main page where I can add a manual bonus to different attack actions (like the misc bonus on the skills page) would be a better solution to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by skkruff View Post
    Okay I think I get it, although it seems very clunky unfortunately. So I had to pull the role abilities over from the bar on the right into the actions page on my sheet, which wasn't super obvious. Solos can alter their Combat Awareness mix every initiative (or using an action) so having to go in and manually alter these each time is not ideal. Also, it seems like the Abilities page on my sheet is essentially redudant (apart from tracking my current allocation) because the numbers there have no mechanical effect on my rolls, is that correct?

Finally, as I'm testing this myself ahead of our game tomorrow, my PC is not part of the combat tracker so when I apply Threat Detection it is 'dropped'. I haven't used this VTT before so I don't know if our PCs will be permanently on the tracker, but if not this doesn't quite work as Perception is most often rolled out of combat.

For my weapon I might go with the DV option as I often find myself switching between different ranged weapons and melee as combat dictates and sooner or later I'm bound to forget to add or remove the smartlink bonus. I can't help but think a field in the 'Attack' area on the Main page where I can add a manual bonus to different attack actions (like the misc bonus on the skills page) would be a better solution to this issue.
    Correct, for Solo's the levels there have no mechanical effect since they are not "rollable" abilities.

If I were you I'd have them on the CT at all times, regardless of them being in "Combat" that way effects such as that work at all times. If you do not want them in the CT, you could manually set a "1" in the "Misc" bonus field for Perception on their Skills page.

But yes, I agree, there's a lot of decisions I made here that could certainly be better automated or make it easier for the GM to remember these things! Hopefully this works well enough for the moment (and better than Roll20!) until we can provide a new implementation.

Edit: I appreciate the feedback, though! And I am taking notes on everything so that we can provide a better experience in the future.

Hi everyone. I'm pleased to share some good news with you all with regards to Cyberpunk RED on Fantasy Grounds.

I have teamed up with River (Rough Patch) and Nightstride to produce an implementation of Cyberpunk RED which we hope to release with the official license and blessing from R. Talsorian Games.

River is a professional GM who has been running games and streaming on Twitch, including the pre-alpha version of this new implementation, which you can see in some of his streams or here: https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks.

We are in talks with both R. Talsorian Games and SmiteWorks but nothing has been set in stone yet. We currently have no set release date (yet), but we are rapidly getting closer to a "v1."

A few notes about the new implementation:
    • I have been porting over many of the features of my ruleset (Character Wizard, full combat automation, etc) to this implementation.
    • Nightstride has already done a LOT of work on even MORE automation that is not in the current ruleset I provided here on the forge such as:
      • Fully automated bonuses for Solo's abilities
      • Special templated windows for each Role in the core rulebook with their own abilities and rolls implemented
      • Weapons with Weapon Attachments
      • More in-depth automation for Cyberware including the benefits or weapons they provide
      • A better implementation of Skills / Subskills and the ability to customize it as you please
    • In addition I've been working on some even more awesome features:
      • Support for Net Architectures, styled after those in "Tales of the Red" with the ability to hide/show all branches, or Reveal branches as a Netrunner moves through the architecture
      • Jobs that can be rendered as default richtext fields or Screamsheet templates (with a header column and two columns containing text or images.)
      • Even better Netrunning automation
      • More CT effects
      • Vehicles with vehicle upgrades

Like I said before, there's no set release date yet, but we've been making excellent progress. As such, I am focusing more on the development of this new version. Updates to the Unofficial version here will be a bit more infrequent here in the meantime, but I will continue to provide fixes as needed!

Edit: Here's a screenshot!
    CPR-FG.jpg
    Last edited by seansps; August 18th, 2022 at 21:25.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm pleased to share some good news with you all with regards to Cyberpunk RED on Fantasy Grounds.

I have teamed up with River (Rough Patch) and Nightstride to produce an implementation of Cyberpunk RED which we hope to release with the official license and blessing from R. Talsorian Games.

River is a professional GM who has been running games and streaming on Twitch, including the pre-alpha version of this new implementation, which you can see in some of his streams or here: https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks.

We are in talks with both R. Talsorian Games and SmiteWorks but nothing has been set in stone yet. We currently have no set release date (yet), but we are rapidly getting closer to a "v1."

• I have been porting over many of the features of my ruleset (Character Wizard, full combat automation, etc) to this implementation.
    • Nightstride has already done a LOT of work on even MORE automation that is not in the current ruleset I provided here on the forge such as:
      • Special templated windows for each Role in the core rulebook with their own abilities and rolls implemented
      • More in-depth automation for Cyberware including the benefits or weapons they provide
      • A better implementation of Skills / Subskills and the ability to customize it as you please
      • Support for Net Architectures, styled after those in "Tales of the Red" with the ability to hide/show all branches, or Reveal branches as a Netrunner moves through the architecture
      • Jobs that can be rendered as default richtext fields or Screamsheet templates (with a header column and two columns containing text or images.)
      • More CT effects

Like I said before, there's no set release date yet, but we've been making excellent progress. As such, I am focusing more on the development of this new version. Updates to the Unofficial version here will be a bit more infrequent here in the meantime, but I will continue to provide fixes as needed!

CPR-FG.jpg
    I think this is a GREAT news for us (masters/players) and so I thank you since now @seansps, @River and Nightstride for your effort and work!!! Well done..!!
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by redba View Post
    I think this is a GREAT news for us (masters/players) and so I thank you since now @seansps, @River and Nightstride for your effort and work!!! Well done..!!
    No problem! Yes it is indeed. We believe the final product will be super slick and are working hard on making an awesome experience.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post

• More CT effects

CPR-FG.jpg
    This is fantastic news. I've got my fingers crossed that the folks at R Talsorian will give you the thumbs up! This ruleset deserves an official license.

Thnx for great work as usual.

Found the wizard after locking throe the manual
    I humbly apologise.

I saw that Cyberpunk RED had appeared in the weekly newsletter, well done.
    Are whee getting any closer to an official?

Am trying to get my gaming friends to download the Rule-set to hopefully remove the "Un" from Un-Official.

Best Wishes Joakim
    Last edited by JoakimEdman; August 27th, 2022 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimEdman View Post
    Thnx for great work as usual.

Found the wizard after locking throe the manual
    I humbly apologise.

I saw that Cyberpunk RED had appeared in the weekly newsletter, well done.
    Are whee getting any closer to an official?

Am trying to get my gaming friends to download the Rule-set to hopefully remove the "Un" from Un-Official.

Best Wishes Joakim
    Hey there! Thank you for your support as always and glad you were able to find it! The team I joined up with is still in talks with SmiteWorks and RTG on implementing an official version! No new updates yet but we are making great progress! We've just finished up a new and improved Net Running implementation, and are finalizing NPCs now. Once that is done, we need to do more testing and bug fixing, little UI tweaks, and of course finalize an agreement with RTG. Fingers crossed that all goes well! Time permitting, I am going to try to also do some *even more* features to better support some of the DLCs. We shall see.

There's a screenshot a few posts up of what the new in-game Screamsheets and Net Architectures look like. Here's another screenshot on how we're implementing NPCs along with an example of a Black ICE targeting an active program on the PC's cyberdeck. Netrunning is made a bit smoother now in this implementation. Active Programs remain on the PC or NPC's Cyberdeck, with only Demons and ICE entering the Combat Tracker. Defenders and Boosters will have automated bonuses applied to the Netrunner, while attackers function like attacks! See below!

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 9.05.15 AM.png

Still TBD on the launch date for this, so hang tight! Hopefully my Unofficial Implementation fits the bill in the mean time and I will continue to support as needed for bugs and such

Thread Information