5E Character Create Playlist
Page 78 of 101 First ... 2868767778798088 ... Last
    I'm not seeing it work, with or without the action only option applied. I do want the regen to trigger on the attack or damage.

Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    I'm not seeing it work, with or without the action only option applied. I do want the regen to trigger on the attack or damage.
    REGEN is only evaluated at the start of the actors turn. It's not 5EAE that doesn't support it, it is just REGEN doesn't work like how you are trying to use it.

Ok. Thanks you. Do you know if AC also works the same? Start of turn only? What about HEAL?

Ok. Thanks you. Do you know if AC also works the same? Start of turn only? What about HEAL?

Well, there is no action in the post you made, thus you can't use action only, no matter what your coding is or isn't, it's still not an action.

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do? Maybe I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Well, there is no action in the post you made, thus you can't use action only, no matter what your coding is or isn't, it's still not an action.

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do? Maybe I can help.
    I'm trying to create a unique weapon ability that, when the PC uses this weapon and they are bloodied (half HP or less), the PC is healed for x. If they don't use this weapon, they should not benefit from the healing.

I'm trying to create a unique weapon ability that, when the PC uses this weapon and they are bloodied (half HP or less), the PC is healed for x. If they don't use this weapon, they should not benefit from the healing.
    What do you mean by "use this weapon"?

Like hit something with it? Do damage? Equipped? Attuned?

Also how long does the "used" part last? 1 round? a week?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What do you mean by "use this weapon"?

Like hit something with it? Do damage? Equipped? Attuned?

Also how long does the "used" part last? 1 round? a week?
    A single attack (or damage) made with the weapon would trigger a heal, if the wielder is bloodied.

A single attack (or damage) made with the weapon would trigger a heal, if the wielder is bloodied.
    I'm not aware of anything that will accomplish exactly the "on attack" trigger. The Action Only option from this extension is designed to cause effects that normally apply to every weapon action (attack and damage modifiers being the primary use case from the ruleset) and make them instead apply only when this specific weapon is used. The problem is that the REGEN effect has nothing to do with actions that Watsons make, as mentioned it applies simply at the start of the character's turn.

You might be able to use Better Combat Effects to make it work when the weapon deals damage though. I think SDMGADDS and DMGA are the two to look at, off the top of my head.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

I'm going to assume a few things, like it's not temp HP, you only wanted it once a turn, etc.

This code will require

Advanced Effects and Better Combat Effects Gold.

This below goes on the weapon itself.
    SDMGADDS: LoveTap; DUSE; ATURN
    (Make sure to click action only)

This below goes in the effects list in the top right.
    LoveTap;IF:Bloodied; REGENE: 5

DUSE will cause it to disable each attack, ATURN turns it back on at the start of any turn (note this is not start of round, so this can make it happen 2 times in a round, but only once a turn)

This also will heal at the end users turn. There are other ways to automate it but seemed like this one fit the best. You can use REGENA: 5 if you want it to insta heal, however, that can have other issues I've seen.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Todays FG update impacted this extension. Adding an NPC to the combat tracker throws an error.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information