FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 54 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For creatures with spellcasting trait, the spells are not auto-populated in the NPC by default, since the books technically do not contain the spell information. So, the spells are looked up and added to the NPC when they are added to the combat tracker.

As a side benefit, any errata to spell information will get correctly propagated when that happens (with the alternative being that every spell on every NPC would have to be reviewed.)

Regards,
    JPG
    So I just did a little test and didn't use the Combat Tracker at all.

I made a copy of the Acolyte. I unloaded all modules. I edited the NPC and I deleted all the spells from the NPC sheet and I closed the NPC asset.
    The I opened the NPC again and I got the message unable to load the spells.
    2022-05-25 17_56_59-Fantasy Grounds.png

I closed the NPC, and I loaded up the SRD. This time when I opened the asset, the spells were loaded onto the NPC sheet.

I then closed the NPC asset, unloaded the SRD, and opened it again.. I didn't get the message about missing spells, and the ones which were already on the sheet stayed there.

This is similar to the behavior as before where they get loaded onto the NPC asset directly and stored with it.

The Combat tracker was never used and it looks like it's storing the spell information with the NPC as it had in the past, as opposed to loading it only on-demand when added to the CT which is what it sounds like you were saying it was supposed to do.

Further testing shows that if I put the Acolyte (without spells on it) onto the CT without opening the asset from NPCs first, it will then either a) give the error about missing or b) populate the spells properly with you have a book loaded.

This would seem to imply that it does the spell add at both the opening of the asset from NPCs as well as the combat tracker. I would believe that in "b" above it was only parsing the copy on the CT and not the original, but the only way to test that would be to look at the XML - since as soon as open the original asset in game, it populates (as per the first test).

Bottom line is that I'm happy that it still populates without having to go the CT and it shouldn't affect our conversions at all.

However, if it's still storing it with the original NPC asset and not reparsing it each time, then I don't think the comment about getting the latest PHB version (errata) would hold true. Unless it's a full reparse/replace,

Blog Entries
    edit: misunderstood

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello,

Very new, about to run my first dungeon as DM, so I don't know how much of this is inexperience or if it is really an error. I recently purchased MOTM, but I noticed I cannot access the races in the character wizard unless I have the player version of the module loaded, the non-player version won't populate race selections. My understanding is the player version was a stripped down version of the full book. Is this normal? Do I need to have the player version of everything also loaded?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticlonus View Post
    Hello,

Very new, about to run my first dungeon as DM, so I don't know how much of this is inexperience or if it is really an error. I recently purchased MOTM, but I noticed I cannot access the races in the character wizard unless I have the player version of the module loaded, the non-player version won't populate race selections. My understanding is the player version was a stripped down version of the full book. Is this normal? Do I need to have the player version of everything also loaded?
    Yes,you will want to load the player version as well. This method prevents having duplicates of races and images.

Monsters of the Multiverse, Players
    Race: Githyanki

Astral Knowledge trait is incomplete. It only mentions:
    "You can mystically access a reservoir of experiences of entities connected to the"

I think your 5eParcer made a second trait called Astral Plain with the remaining part of the Astral Knowledge trait:
    "Whenever you finish a long rest, you gain proficiency in one skill of your choice and with one weapon or tool of your choice, selected from the Player's Handbook, as you momentarily project your consciousness into the Astral Plane. These proficiencies last until the end of your next long rest."
    Last edited by Aridhro; May 26th, 2022 at 07:02.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Monsters of the Multiverse, Players
    Race: Githyanki

Astral Knowledge trait is incomplete. It only mentions:
    "You can mystically access a reservoir of experiences of entities connected to the"

I think your 5eParcer made a second trait called Astral Plain with the remaining part of the Astral Knowledge trait:
    "Whenever you finish a long rest, you gain proficiency in one skill of your choice and with one weapon or tool of your choice, selected from the Player's Handbook, as you momentarily project your consciousness into the Astral Plane. These proficiencies last until the end of your next long rest."
    This was reported before and fixed (see posts #184 and #185 above). I believe that the intention was to release the update earlier this week but that doesn't seem to have happened. I'll chase it up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

(hope this wasn't reported before, but my thread search for Lizardfolk was empty)
    When adding Lizardfolk race (from MotM) to the character sheet (by drag/drop), I get following error (see attached logs)
    I noticed the abilities: Hungry Jaws and Natural Armor aren't added, so probably the issue has something to do with those abilities.
    2022-05-27 09_48_36-Fantasy Grounds.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My projects:

Monsters of the Multiverse
    The Tabaxi's climbing speed should be equal to it's walking speed, which is 30 ft.
    In VGtM this was set to 20 ft, while in the MotM this is updated to being equal to the walking speed.
    If you drag/drop the Tabaxi race from MotM it mentions 20 ft under special move.
    My projects:

(hope this wasn't reported before, but my thread search for Lizardfolk was empty)
    When adding Lizardfolk race (from MotM) to the character sheet (by drag/drop), I get following error (see attached logs)
    I noticed the abilities: Hungry Jaws and Natural Armor aren't added, so probably the issue has something to do with those abilities.
    2022-05-27 09_48_36-Fantasy Grounds.png
    Indeed. I don't think any other race has natural armour so that's probably what is causing the issue. It works fine in the Character Wizard although it doesn't process the trait; it just adds it. This would require a change in the ruleset; I'll alert Moon Wizard but don't hold your breath at this time; he has other things on his plate
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Monsters of the Multiverse
    The Tabaxi's climbing speed should be equal to it's walking speed, which is 30 ft.
    In VGtM this was set to 20 ft, while in the MotM this is updated to being equal to the walking speed.
    If you drag/drop the Tabaxi race from MotM it mentions 20 ft under special move.
    Indeed. I think that may be hard coded; again I'll need to alert Moon Wizard since that would require a change in the ruleset.

Thread Information