Starfinder Playlist

FGU Flagged as Trojan Virus

I'm running the latest hot-fixed version as of yesterday. It runs fine, but when I tried to export my campaign setting module, my virus scanner killed the app and deleted the application, setting files, the game I create the module from, and the game that uses the module.

I immediately ran a scan of my entire system. The scan came up completely clean. I restored the FG folder, application, and game folders and ran the scan again. It was clean.

I started the game, it ran with no issues, but when my wife connected, her virus scanner kicked in and did the same thing.

My game will run and host a game, but every time I try to export a module, the virus scanner kills the game folder.
    My wife can't connect to any games without the virus scanner killing the app.

We both reinstalled FG and ran updates, and scanned our entire systems with clean results, but this keeps happening.
    The other two players run on Macs with McAfee, and they don't have this problem.

It says FantasyGrounds.exe has a trojan.win32.generic virus, high threat level. We run Windows 10, and Kaspersky Total Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    I'm running the latest hot-fixed version as of yesterday. It runs fine, but when I tried to export my campaign setting module, my virus scanner killed the app and deleted the application, setting files, the game I create the module from, and the game that uses the module.

I immediately ran a scan of my entire system. The scan came up completely clean. I restored the FG folder, application, and game folders and ran the scan again. It was clean.

I started the game, it ran with no issues, but when my wife connected, her virus scanner kicked in and did the same thing.

My game will run and host a game, but every time I try to export a module, the virus scanner kills the game folder.
    My wife can't connect to any games without the virus scanner killing the app.

We both reinstalled FG and ran updates, and scanned our entire systems with clean results, but this keeps happening.
    The other two players run on Macs with McAfee, and they don't have this problem.

It says FantasyGrounds.exe has a trojan.win32.generic virus, high threat level. We run Windows 10, and Kaspersky Total Security.
    That's you anti-virus not FG. Put in a an exception. Windows has its own firewall/anti-virus that is better than paid for ones btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    That's you anti-virus not FG. Put in a an exception. Windows has its own firewall/anti-virus that is better than paid for ones btw.
    Not all paid antivirus, but certainly McAfee

Thread Information