FG Spreadshirt Swag

Coin Weight Issues 5e

I had heard tell as a member of the 5e coin weight extension thread that "coin weight" was being added to the game. After loading the latest update my character inventory sheets threw an error regarding coin weight and I knew it had to be that addition in conflict with the coin weight extension. At this point, the development team should be well aware that a large majority of FGU users have been leveraging (by necessity) the original coin weight extension for 5e or another one so there's that. I don't even see this feature listed in the latest release notes. Second, the extension I have been using for years now (FG and FGU) included coin weight, coin not carried (next to the ones that were) and broke out a box on the inventory screen to reflect coin weight. Cleanly done and have not needed to mess with it for years. As the new feature had an issue with it, I needed to manually export all of my characters and go into the xml to hunt down what coins they had "not carried". I don't see a way to track coins not carried, as in the regular inventory. Finally, coin weight is not working!!! I added coins to the character sheets and it does not affect weight. This is a sad day....

Blog Entries
    Depending upon what extension you are using for coin weight, the developer may have been aware. There were 2 discussion on this and how to resolve these types of issues with the new rollout in the Laboratory thread. The extension developer will probably need to update their code. There are also some steps the GM needs to do for existing campaigns.

See;
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Weight-Changes
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...not-use-them-)

Remember, as with any major update, expect extensions to need to be updated and give the extension developers some time to make those changes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time nor ability to pull apart and understand every possible extension and module used on FG; so the changes will need to come from the extension developer as noted by @LordEntrails.

Regards,
    JPG

I've read the instructions in both threads. I deleted all the currencies in my campaign to allow for a refresh, but even after that existing coins and coins that I add to a character inventory still do not calculate in the weight. I even deleted them on a character and let them repopulate and it's not adding any weight to the current encumbrance. Am I correct in saying that "treasure" that are coins listed as the type under currency should add weight?

If the Coin Weight house rule is "On", then the currency weight should be counted in the Encumbrance calculation. (unless being overriden by extensions)

The currency weight is looked up by matching the currency name in the PC treasure list to the currency name in the campaign Currencies list.

For currency not carried, I recommend adding as an item with zero weight.
    Or create a new currency like "GP_NOTCARRIED" with a weight of zero.

We might add a carried toggle in the future, but this is the first step towards streamlining currency.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    If you are still trying to use an extension, don't be surprised if you don't get the behavior Moon Wizard describes in this thread or the others. If this is behavior with an extension, you really need to work with the extension developer to get it working as desired.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you revert to the old ruleset, you could load the campaign with the older version of my coins weight extension:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-CoreRPG-C.../v1.8-hotfix.1

It cointained compatibility code that would import the second column of coins into the first column and delete the extra nodes.

This will leave your campaign in a state that can be upgraded to the new data structure correctly/automatically without losing the un-carried coins.

Thread Information