DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 55 of 104 First ... 545535455565765 ... Last
    Im having a different problem, I dont have an area to type in a spell name, while using 5e core rule set. I have snipped a portion of a my screen to show how it appears in fantasy grounds 5e.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

P.S. I have figured it out. Why is it I can never figure this stuff out until I ask for help. Must be a loose nut in my brain, lol. I never thought to click the shield on the far left, then type in the name on top of the new sub window.
    Last edited by zanaffar81; January 6th, 2022 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by zanaffar81 View Post
    Im having a different problem, I dont have an area to type in a spell name, while using 5e core rule set. I have snipped a portion of a my screen to show how it appears in fantasy grounds 5e.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

P.S. I have figured it out. Why is it I can never figure this stuff out until I ask for help. Must be a loose nut in my brain, lol. I never thought to click the shield on the far left, then type in the name on top of the new sub window.
    While you can do that, its not the normal way to enter the name.

Not sure on what ruleset/pack you are using for that view... but if you make the window wider you should get a name on the main configuration window to edit the name. ( You can use the 'shield' to open up the optional 'lighting' effect pop-up, which has a 'linked' name... so you can edit the name from the main window or the pop up as you were doing.. )

spell.JPG

Hope this helps.

-pete

( NOTE.. It might be that your spell configuration window is small ( and maybe size locked ), due to the art pack you are using... let me know which it is as it might need reporting for a compatibility update for min-width etc.. )
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thank you for the reply and yes it worked when I unlocked then expanded the right side of the screen (face plant).

I have been playing around with this extension and its very fun to explore the different options. Thank you again for the reply and making an awesome extension.

Just found a conflict with your extentions. The Advantages extension (which allows targeting based on drawing shape) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...(FGU-5E)/page4

When I have your extension on the Advantages targeting doesn't work. I'd appreciate if you could work with Silent Ruin to figure out the issue. Thanks! Love the extension!

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    Just found a conflict with your extentions. The Advantages extension (which allows targeting based on drawing shape) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...(FGU-5E)/page4

When I have your extension on the Advantages targeting doesn't work. I'd appreciate if you could work with Silent Ruin to figure out the issue. Thanks! Love the extension!
    I'll take a look, but the quick read on the forum I spotted that 'coned image.lua' to resolve some issues. Obviously Spell tokens has to deal with the 'image.lua' scripts to attach, so we both probably clone this file. My guess is my extension loads after and so my version 'take over' the one from 'Advantage' extension.

I'll see what was 'added' and have to add some extra code to detect the 'Advantage' extension and 'merge/call' the required code.

I do this for some other SilentRuin extensions to generate small 'patch' code detect and re-apply 'lost' calls like this.

I'll see if I can sort this out on monday when I have some time.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post

Hi,

I've talked with Silent Ruin and its complex to merge due to the image.lua file is not designed to extend, so it tends to get replaced hence the merge issue.

He has split his extension into 3 parts, so you should be able to now use the main parts of that one and just use either the (pointer) PA.ext or my spell_tokens.ext. But you will have to pick which.

Hope this helps, let us both know if you really really need both to work together, but Silent Ruin class this as a high risk issue and he would prefer that the Dev team for FG implement something like his point target selection as c# native.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi,

I've talked with Silent Ruin and its complex to merge due to the image.lua file is not designed to extend, so it tends to get replaced hence the merge issue.

He has split his extension into 3 parts, so you should be able to now use the main parts of that one and just use either the (pointer) PA.ext or my spell_tokens.ext. But you will have to pick which.

Hope this helps, let us both know if you really really need both to work together, but Silent Ruin class this as a high risk issue and he would prefer that the Dev team for FG implement something like his point target selection as c# native.

-pete
    Ah, that's a bummer, but I understand and appreciate you looking into it. Decisions, decisions.

Hi Bratch9 - I have just purchased this on The Forge, and I do not see a spell tokens button in the sidebar, which (I guess) means I can't access the spell tokens for NPCs. Is there an idiot's guide somewhere so that idiots such as I can get this up and running? I am running fully updated FGU, 5e, I have the Spell Tokens add-on and am also using Critically Awesome Essentials with its spell token ability for PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Hi Bratch9 - I have just purchased this on The Forge, and I do not see a spell tokens button in the sidebar, which (I guess) means I can't access the spell tokens for NPCs. Is there an idiot's guide somewhere so that idiots such as I can get this up and running? I am running fully updated FGU, 5e, I have the Spell Tokens add-on and am also using Critically Awesome Essentials with its spell token ability for PCs.
    the spell tokens button to open the spell tokens configuration, is under the 'library' drop down for the side bar. ( Or it should be.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thanks Pete - found that. All I need to do now is figure out how to make it work! If there is an idiot's guide anywhere, that would be useful. Also got your Spell Domain extension - already proving to be really useful, thanks!

Thread Information