Starfinder Playlist
Page 13 of 15 First ... 31112131415 Last
    Hey guys!

Unfortunately we decided that Symbaroum needed some much deserved love. Our initial goal was to go for the Forbidden Lands ruleset and release that one since a lot of the work was done from previous YZE rulesets. Unfortunately we felt that the Symbaroum module had been providing less-than-expected quality and hence we decided to bring that up to the standards that it deserves. This together with me buying a house which rendered a lot less time for ruleset-creation our schedule is a bit behind. We'll provide you with more information as soon as we start working on the FL-ruleset again!

Thank you all for your patience,
    Simon

Well, that's a bummer, but it is what it is. Thanks for giving us a feedback! :- )

Almost 5 months and still no news on Forbidden Lands release. And almost a year since it was mentioned that Forbidden Lands was 40% complete (Jan 13th of this year). It would be nice if there were some kind of update. Seems like it has been postponed indefinitely. Worst case scenario, there are other options like Foundry that already have an official release.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanecane View Post
    Almost 5 months and still no news on Forbidden Lands release. And almost a year since it was mentioned that Forbidden Lands was 40% complete (Jan 13th of this year). It would be nice if there were some kind of update. Seems like it has been postponed indefinitely. Worst case scenario, there are other options like Foundry that already have an official release.
    Hi Zanecane!

Yes unfortunately we're still working with the Symbaroum Ruleset. It has turned out to be a lot more complex than anticipated, and on top of this I'm building a house in my spare time. Given that I have a normal full-time day-job and I'm currently spending almost all my spare time with building the house there's currently not much time left for me to develop on rulesets.

Forbidden Lands is definitely the next in line after we've managed to get Symbaroum to a playable state.

The only update I can give you is that I'm putting on the roofing of the house the next week so the outer shell is weatherproofed. Once that's done I'll at least be able to work things in my own pace and can go back to putting in some time at least to rulesets.

Cheers,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simpe View Post
    Hi Zanecane!

Yes unfortunately we're still working with the Symbaroum Ruleset. It has turned out to be a lot more complex than anticipated, and on top of this I'm building a house in my spare time. Given that I have a normal full-time day-job and I'm currently spending almost all my spare time with building the house there's currently not much time left for me to develop on rulesets.

Forbidden Lands is definitely the next in line after we've managed to get Symbaroum to a playable state.

The only update I can give you is that I'm putting on the roofing of the house the next week so the outer shell is weatherproofed. Once that's done I'll at least be able to work things in my own pace and can go back to putting in some time at least to rulesets.

Cheers,
    Simon
    Thank very much for the update. I was ignorant to the before mentioned conditions and simply did not understand the true challenge you face and the amount of effort you have been exerting to overcome them. I hope things go smoothly for you and your team.

Zane

How hard do you think it would be to modify the Vaesen or Alien ruleset to build a Forbidden Lands game? They seem very aligned, just a few differences with Willpower and Damage.

Hello Nod,

The differences are more than few, compared to Vaesen and Alien. We are currently working on the automation aspect. For the record just some of the main differences:
    - Mechanics for dice pool calculation: Attribute, Skill, Gear and Artifact dice
    - Attribute degradation
    - Gear Degradation
    - Push & Willpower
    - Talents with Ranks
    - Combat mechanics (parry slash/stab, shield etc.)

In short - for humans it is simple. For computer - we need to rework the core. And we currently do it. But we don't work full time because this is not what is paying the bills. We will get there.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Hello Nod,

The differences are more than few, compared to Vaesen and Alien. We are currently working on the automation aspect. For the record just some of the main differences:
    - Mechanics for dice pool calculation: Attribute, Skill, Gear and Artifact dice
    - Attribute degradation
    - Gear Degradation
    - Push & Willpower
    - Talents with Ranks
    - Combat mechanics (parry slash/stab, shield etc.)

In short - for humans it is simple. For computer - we need to rework the core. And we currently do it. But we don't work full time because this is not what is paying the bills. We will get there.
    Hey Val, is there anything I can help with? Never created or designed a ruleset but have enough knowledge about FL and spare time to learn
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Hi Primo,
    Don't worry, the ruleset will be out and the work is progressing with good pace
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information