DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 75 of 110 First ... 2565737475767785 ... Last

A Test version of the DCC ruleset was inadvertently pushed by someone else internally to Live trying to do a patch fix. However, any fixes to the ruleset are on hold until the beta completes, since we can only do builds for what is currently in source control, not per file updates.

I've rolled back the build to the original Live version from 9/29.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    A Test version of the DCC ruleset was inadvertently pushed by someone else internally to Live trying to do a patch fix. However, any fixes to the ruleset are on hold until the beta completes, since we can only do builds for what is currently in source control, not per file updates.

I've rolled back the build to the original Live version from 9/29.

Regards,
    JPG
    That was my guess. Thanks for the rollback.

@damned - I originally thought I was. (as I was earlier in the day) but low and behold I was live.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    I may have noticed another bug!

I have this status effect, which seems to be the format for lowering the dice chain of an NPC or Player's specific saving throw:

DIESAVE: -1 willpower

This doesn't seem to work, however, "SAVE: -1 willpower" works for just numerical penalties/bonuses.
    Try this:

DIESAV: -1 willpower

The 'E' at the end is the problem. I used 5E advantage effects as a guide, substituting DIE for ADV:

DIEINIT
    DIEATK
    DIEDMG (applies to first damage die only)
    DIESAV
    DIECHK
    DIESKILL
    DIESPELL

The dice swap effects support numbers only (no dice). Hope that helps!

Hi everyone,
    First time reporting/asking for help. Here it goes:

I created some spells for DCC, complete with tables, and when dropped in the character sheet allows me to roll checks, effects, and damage. I assumed that since it works in standard FG it would work in FGU, so I copied the module I created in standard FG into my FGU module folder.

However, when I drop a homebrew spell on a character sheet it does not allow me to roll for checks, effects, or damage. I did something wrong but can't quite put a finger on it. If anyone could help it would greatly appreciated.
    Hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy. Cheers!
    PJ
    Custom DCC spells in FGU.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Try this:

DIESAV: -1 willpower

The 'E' at the end is the problem. I used 5E advantage effects as a guide, substituting DIE for ADV:

DIEINIT
    DIEATK
    DIEDMG (applies to first damage die only)
    DIESAV
    DIECHK
    DIESKILL
    DIESPELL

The dice swap effects support numbers only (no dice). Hope that helps!
    Thanks leozelig! This works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by pjm1923 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    First time reporting/asking for help. Here it goes:

I created some spells for DCC, complete with tables, and when dropped in the character sheet allows me to roll checks, effects, and damage. I assumed that since it works in standard FG it would work in FGU, so I copied the module I created in standard FG into my FGU module folder.

However, when I drop a homebrew spell on a character sheet it does not allow me to roll for checks, effects, or damage. I did something wrong but can't quite put a finger on it. If anyone could help it would greatly appreciated.
    Hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy. Cheers!
    PJ
    Custom DCC spells in FGU.jpg
    Hi there! I've made custom spells w/ actions so I think I can help you. (All seems to be working on my end.)

If you are just making spells (and not class abilities w/ actions) I was able do it all within a .mod file by doing the following:
    1. Create the spell in the Spells category under a folder for your Mod
    2. Add the spell to a test character
    3. Add all your actions to the spell on the character's copy of if it (under their actions tab)
    4. Drag the spell from your character to your Spells list
    5. This should create a copy (w/ the effects still linked to it) -- delete the old one
    6. Confirm that the new one has all your effects by dragging it onto the Actions tab of a new character, it should add the spell with the custom actions and effects!

Alternatively, if you are creating a class w/ custom effects for their abilities, you must do so by creating an extension that has a modified data_spell.lua file. I did this for my Fantasy Grounds module that adds cleric options for all the other gods. You can check that out at: https://www.realm15.com/dcc
    1. Download the Fantasy Grounds module and extract the zip
    2. Change the extension on the .ext file to .zip and extract it
    3. Open the data_spell.lua file and add all your spell's custom effects here to the very bottom (don't remove any of the others) -- you can use the originals and the ones I created as examples
    4. Repackage all the files from the .ext file as a .zip, change the extension back to .ext
    5. Bring the .ext file to your Fantasy Grounds "extension" folder
    6. Load your campaign, but first, ensure the Extension is loaded
    7. In your campaign, ensure your module w/ your custom spells is also loaded, and then drag the spell to a character, it should have the effects you coded to in the extension
    8. If you want to change the name of the extension to match your module feel free to remove the name I gave it and rename it, in the extension.xml file of the .ext file

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjm1923 View Post

Hi PJ!

Good question - I think I can help you with that. The ruleset codes actions for the core spells, but homebrew spells require the player to add the actions manually. If you right click on the spell entry on the char sheet, you should get a radial menu. Select Add Action, which will bring up another radial menu. Select the action you want to add - Add Check is a good place to start. You should now be able to roll your spell check. Next add the effects. You will need to click the magnifying glass button in the far right column of each effect action to enter the description, duration, and targeting details.

It’s a little bit of work, but I’m working on automating some of this for the next update. It’s a little more complicated than 5E, which follows a very structured format for the wording of everything.

Let me know if you still have questions!

Blog Entries
    I was too slow! More help is not a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I was too slow! More help is not a bad thing
    Hehe indeed- I forgot to mention *how* to add the custom effects on the character's copy of the spell, so your response is still relevant! Let us know if you're still struggling, PJ.

Thread Information