5E Character Create Playlist
Page 46 of 104 First ... 3644454647485696 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Thanks kronovan, I don't think the midgard race is at fault here, more likely my recent feature additions to spells. I'll take a look at these script errors and get a fix out immediately. Again, thanks for the report.
    Many thanks for looking into this. I probably should have mentioned that I'm running Fantasy Grounds Unity v.4.0.10 Ultimate.

Is there a way to have the inventory section do a check for proficiencies? For instance, a Cleric can start with a mace or warhammer (if proficient). Can it check my character and not give me the warhammer option if I don't meet that requirement?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivanknight220 View Post
    Is there a way to have the inventory section do a check for proficiencies? For instance, a Cleric can start with a mace or warhammer (if proficient). Can it check my character and not give me the warhammer option if I don't meet that requirement?
    Not currently. But I don't think one would want this because if a character is not proficient, it doesn't mean they can't carry or even use it. Plus, there are always exceptions to every rule, and houserules that change the exceptions

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Tool Proficiency choice not working?

I'm trying to create a custom background that involves a tools proficiency choice. Using the phrase "Tools: Proficiency in one tool of your choice from among" as well as several variants of that phrase I am able to get the character wizard to display a "Select Tool Proficiency" selection box on the BKGD tab, but no matter what I do I am unable to get it to populate a list of tools to actually select from. I have tried at least a dozen combinations of tools from loaded modules and nothing comes up. I have tried adding colon, semicolon, and no separators after this phase (and variants). Is this a defect in the tool? I have ensured case sensitivity of all listed tools matches.

You have two choices with tools. Either you provide a list of tools that the character has (Disguise kit, Thieves' tools) or you add wording like 'One type of Artisan's tools or One type of gaming set). There's no wording that you can use to allow a choice from a list of tools.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You have two choices with tools. Either you provide a list of tools that the character has (Disguise kit, Thieves' tools) or you add wording like 'One type of Artisan's tools or One type of gaming set). There's no wording that you can use to allow a choice from a list of tools.
    I am also unable to make "one type of Artisan's tools" work in any similar context. It still continues to display an empty list. I tried multiple permutations. Even "one of your choice" returns a blank list. The syntax parser does in fact seem to have an issue here.

In fact even if I enter simply "Tools: Alchemist's supplies, Herbalism hit" there's a parser error as it creates the following THREE proficiencies: Alchemist, S Supplies, Herbalism kit. It does the same thing with every tools set I tried that contain an apostrophe except "thieves' tools". (apostrophe at end on that one, and in proficiency list it lacks it in the display).

You are correct. I didn't test before I replied - I was just going on the wording of the standard PHB backgrounds. But now having tested the Wizard isn't picking up on anything in the tools section. It's possible that the wizard still doesn't play nice with user created stuff. But I'm unsure about that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by zelannii View Post
    I am also unable to make "one type of Artisan's tools" work in any similar context. It still continues to display an empty list. I tried multiple permutations. Even "one of your choice" returns a blank list. The syntax parser does in fact seem to have an issue here.

In fact even if I enter simply "Tools: Alchemist's supplies, Herbalism hit" there's a parser error as it creates the following THREE proficiencies: Alchemist, S Supplies, Herbalism kit. It does the same thing with every tools set I tried that contain an apostrophe except "thieves' tools". (apostrophe at end on that one, and in proficiency list it lacks it in the display).
    After I take care of the recent bug reports that have come in, in the last week or two, I will be addressing 3rd party text parsing, and I will include this for the WOTC 5E material to fix along with that feature improvement. Thanks for pointing this out.

I am having lots of script issues (it seems choices my PCs make in character creation don't translate onto their character sheets as well) in the character wizard for the Ultramodern 5e DLC. It's almost unusable. I could see this as being an issue with Ultramodern DLC but its frustrating nonetheless.

Is there a way when you level up, that when using the Wizard that it would highlight sections like Spells & Feats to let you know that you have something to select? Right now when I level up a character from 7 to 8, i adjust the level, click the NEXT button. It moved to Inventory & that's it. Spells & Feats are not highlighted pointing out that I get to add another spell, or that i have the option to take a feat or ability score improvement.

It would also be nice if there was a way to see descriptions of options, like FEATS, so you know what your selecting without having to open a separate tab to look them up.

Thread Information