FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 100 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I linked your extension Kel as an example of my new suggested idea.
    Vote if you think effects need more love
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135571

Especially logical operators
    Voted, thanks (also thanks for mentioning the extensions there )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    yeah, and I feel flattered But beware that you won't get the dynamic lighting stuff then, too, which probably comes (shortly?) after that patch (in case you already use FGU or plan to)

I'm still on FGC, so no skin off my back if I delay updates eheheh... I'll evenually get FGU laaater on (perhaps summer or even later)

Speaking of updates... Does anyone know for *certain* if when you do an update in the 'Dev' or 'Test' Channel, does it also do an update for the 'Live' version as well? And visa-versa? I'd like to see what the new release is going to look like but I can't without doing an update. And I don't plan on updating until all the extensions are known to be fixed. We only use House Rules, so that's no big deal for us. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Speaking of updates... Does anyone know for *certain* if when you do an update in the 'Dev' or 'Test' Channel, does it also do an update for the 'Live' version as well? And visa-versa? I'd like to see what the new release is going to look like but I can't without doing an update. And I don't plan on updating until all the extensions are known to be fixed. We only use House Rules, so that's no big deal for us. Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it completely overwrites the live versions with any applicable dev updates. Then when you switch back it re-downloads the live versions of any files that are on the dev branch.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm pretty sure it completely overwrites the live versions with any applicable dev updates. Then when you switch back it re-downloads the live versions of any files that are on the dev branch.
    Thanks!

How are you doing with your extensions and the pending update? I know you have a bunch you're maintaining.

On FGC, there is one data folder; and it uses whatever version is available in that channel on the patch system.

On FGU, there is a separate data folder for each channel (where anything but Live is embedded in a channels subfolder). In this scenario, you have to physically copy campaigns between channel folders.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    On FGC, there is one data folder; and it uses whatever version is available in that channel on the patch system.

On FGU, there is a separate data folder for each channel (where anything but Live is embedded in a channels subfolder). In this scenario, you have to physically copy campaigns between channel folders.

Regards,
    JPG
    Awesome! (it's a 'channels' subfolder inside the FG data folder)
    This makes my work updating my extensions much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Thanks!

How are you doing with your extensions and the pending update? I know you have a bunch you're maintaining.
    I have downloaded the dev build and started comparing files for differences. This is complicated by my switching OSes and text editors since I last worked on this sort of thing much, so there's a bunch of basic stuff I'm having to re-learn (like the most efficient way to check for differences). I've tentatively verified Update NPC Spells is alright, but haven't done any testing yet.
    There's basically 0 chance I'll be done with them in time for the release, so I've made a poll to see what the users' priorities are. Vote here (please be respectful and only vote once).
    Last edited by bmos; February 5th, 2021 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    You're well aware of the fact I'd rather NOT update FG than stop using your extensions, right? :P
    same,

at the moment i'm looking for sustainable ways to carry on with current campaigns not using the update, it might be a RPG less 6 months for us over here because of it

well, my fault lies in that I grew TOO much dependant on Kelrugem's, bmos and rmlmine's extensions, so much that I wouldn't be able to manage my campaign anymore without them :P

nope, totally with you, I'm likely going to call it closing time on the campaign. it's easier than carrying on without them

Thread Information