5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 57 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    I won't forget you guys, in fact my mind constantly bugs me to get at least 1.3 done. Its kind of a letdown really, for you and for me. Bear with me, I'll get it done, hopefully until the end of September.
    You already did A LOT, SirMotte. If you have the time to work on it, it will be great. If not, it's OK. We are nothing but greatful.

Hi Sir Motte,
    Any chance you can add compatibility for Mad-Nomad-s-Character-Sheet-Tweaks when you do v1.3?

I've done a quick hackjob by creating by own pngs (in the wrong font) for the Journal and Identity tabs in \graphics\resources\Base\ and added the following code to the graphics_tabs.xml
    <icon name="tab_journal" file="graphics/resources/Base/tab_journal.png" />
    <icon name="tab_origin" file="graphics/resources/Base/tab_origin.png" />

I had to change your loadorder to 1001 also to get it to load after the character tweaks

At the risk of being a moron, how do I download the .ext file? I don't see a link that works anywhere on this page. I'm using Firefox. Is that a prob on this forum? . . . Never mind - it's Firefox. The box with the extension file links doesn't show up for me. It just says "Attached Files" next to a little paperclip, without any working link. Works okay in MS Edge - of course now I need shower. Blech!
    Last edited by rpbarrett111; January 18th, 2021 at 08:08.

Also . . . I'd like to add SmiteWorks should hire you as a UX Developer. Very sharp!

Make sure you are using the correct forum style, as the mobile version doesn't show links apparently (don't know how to do so though).

Quote Originally Posted by rpbarrett111 View Post
    At the risk of being a moron, how do I download the .ext file? I don't see a link that works anywhere on this page. I'm using Firefox. Is that a prob on this forum? . . . Never mind - it's Firefox. The box with the extension file links doesn't show up for me. It just says "Attached Files" next to a little paperclip, without any working link. Works okay in MS Edge - of course now I need shower. Blech!
    Screenshot 2021-01-20 000041.png

There should be links at the end of post #1 and #2. Look for the files that end with ".ext" and put them into your FGU extension folder. Keep in mind, that I don't actively develope the themes right now, but I strongly want to to so. I really can't tell when I'll be able to work on them again, I hope around April 2021 *fingers-crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by rpbarrett111 View Post
    Also . . . I'd like to add SmiteWorks should hire you as a UX Developer. Very sharp!
    Thanks a lot, but I'm really not a programmer person at all. I'm good with design tools, but most things in regard to programming are still way over my head.
    But I'm glad you like the themes, I hope they work for you now.

Edit: I'm glad using Edge fixed it.
    Last edited by SirMotte; April 18th, 2021 at 00:56.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    Hi Sir Motte,
    Any chance you can add compatibility for Mad-Nomad-s-Character-Sheet-Tweaks when you do v1.3?

I've done a quick hackjob by creating by own pngs (in the wrong font) for the Journal and Identity tabs in \graphics\resources\Base\ and added the following code to the graphics_tabs.xml
    <icon name="tab_journal" file="graphics/resources/Base/tab_journal.png" />
    <icon name="tab_origin" file="graphics/resources/Base/tab_origin.png" />

I had to change your loadorder to 1001 also to get it to load after the character tweaks
    As I'm using this extension myself I will definitely add support for this with V 1.3.
    I'm just not sure when I will find the time to work on this again. I hope at some point in April, as I will have some well earned holidays then.

Cheers

Hear ye, hear ye!

Here's what I will do going forward:

I will scrap all editions but Hearth for now, as maintaining all of them is a chore. As soon as I get a fully working Hearth Edition with support for the most important Extensions and no missing 5E UI elements, branching off is easily done (e.g the long promised bright themes and colorblind editions).
    I plan to start from scratch, as the file structure and general organization of the themes leaves much to be desired and are the result of a steep learning curve and my below novice level understanding of file structures and file organization.
    Luckily most of the already made graphics can be reused, I'm more concerned with coding and the overall footprint of the theme, as I stumbled across and extension that breaks completely with my theme and I'd like to find out why. (Polymorphism by Bill Perry).

Like I mentioned before, I will (now definitely) start work on the theme again in April. Until then!

Sir Motte

PS: I added an incomplete 1.3 for the Hearth Edition with some minor changes to it. But I feel they still might be worth it.
    Last edited by SirMotte; January 30th, 2021 at 04:29.

Works fine in Pathfinder 2e

Quote Originally Posted by phillgamboa View Post
    Works fine in Pathfinder 2e
    Glad to hear that. I already started the process of rebuilding the theme based on the official Gray Theme. Going from there should make it compatible with all rule-sets supported by the original as well.
    Right now I'm rebuilding most of the iconography to better suite my tastes. I'm also adjusting some colors (hearth theme) to provide even better readability. A small improvement is already made to frames themselves.
    Some of my players had a hard time to distinguish overlapping frames, so I increased the border size.

I'm also trying to figure out if it is possible to place all relevant variables in regard of color coding into one document for ease of access. This would make editing and creating new Theme versions a lot easier.
    We'll se about that, as I don't know yet how to accomplish this, or if it is possible at all.

The little bit of free time I'm enjoying right now is put to good use.

Until then.

Sir Motte
    Last edited by SirMotte; February 28th, 2021 at 20:13.

Thread Information