DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 17 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Hokay! Try two - is the data formatted correctly for what you are expecting? Thank you for the catches, I think I figured out the formatting and now ever field is prompted (but it's up to the human to not enter any data).

edit: and it seems to have eaten my spacing on the forum post. I can try uploading a file if that would help.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <root version="3.3" release="1|3.5E:17|CoreRPG:4">
    <reference static="true">
    <diseases>
    <id-00220>
    <description type="formattedtext">
    <p>
    <b>Source </b>
    <i>Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Lost Kingdoms pg. 19</i>
    </p>
    </description>
    <disease_effect type="formattedtext">
    <p>1d2 Str damage and 1d2 Wis damage</p>
    <p>A creature afflicted by ubashki fever develops unsightly splotches and sores all over its body that persist until the disease is cured.</p>
    </disease_effect>
    <freq_interval type="number">1</freq_interval>
    <freq_unit type="string">1440</freq_unit>
    <isconsecutive type="number">1</isconsecutive>
    <locked type="number">0</locked>
    <name type="string">Ubashki Fever</name>
    <onset_dice type="dice">d3</onset_dice>
    <onset_unit type="string">1440</onset_unit>
    <save_string type="string">DC 13 Fort 1/day after 1d3 days</save_string>
    <savecount_consec type="number">0</savecount_consec>
    <savedc type="number">13</savedc>
    <savesreq type="number">2</savesreq>
    <savetype type="string">fortitude</savetype>
    <subtype type="string">injury</subtype>
    <type type="string">disease</type>
    </id-00220>
    <id-00221>
    <type type="string">disease</type>
    <npc type="string">Akata</npc>
    <name type="string">Void Death</name>
    <savedc type="number">12</savedc>
    <onset_interval type="number">1</onset_interval>
    <onset_unit type="string">60</onset_unit>
    <freq_unit type="string">1</freq_unit>
    <disease_effect type="formattedtext">effect 1d2 Dex and 1d2 Con damage; an infected creature who dies rises as a void zombie 2d4 hours later (see below)</disease_effect>
    <isconsecutive type="number">1</isconsecutive>
    <savesreq type="number">2</savesreq>
    </id-00221>
    <id-00222>
    <type type="string">poison</type>
    <npc type="string">Amphisbaena</npc>
    <name type="string">Poison</name>
    <savedc type="number">14</savedc>
    <duration_interval type="number">6</duration_interval>
    <duration_unit type="string">.1</duration_unit>
    <poison_effect_primary type="string">1d3 Con</poison_effect_primary>
    <poison_effect_secondary type="string">1d3 Con</poison_effect_secondary>
    <isconsecutive type="number">0</isconsecutive>
    <type type="number">1</type>
    </id-00222>
    <id-00223>
    <type type="string">poison</type>
    <npc type="string">Arenea</npc>
    <name type="string">Poison</name>
    <savedc type="number">14</savedc>
    <duration_interval type="number">6</duration_interval>
    <duration_unit type="string">.1</duration_unit>
    <poison_effect_primary type="string">1d3 Strength</poison_effect_primary>
    <poison_effect_secondary type="string">1d3 Strength</poison_effect_secondary>
    <isconsecutive type="number">0</isconsecutive>
    <type type="number">1</type>
    </id-00223>
    </diseases>
    </reference>
    </root>
    Last edited by Sudain; January 6th, 2021 at 04:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    Hokay! Try two - is the data formatted correctly for what you are expecting?
    It's getting there, id-00220 looks great.
    id-00221 is missing the <save_string> tag and frequency is incorrect (should be 1/day but it's 1/rd)
    id-00222 and id-00223 have the name "Poison", the type "1", duplicate information between primary and secondary poison effects, and both are missing the <save_string> tag
    Last edited by bmos; January 6th, 2021 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It's getting there, id-00220 looks great.
    id-00221 is missing the <save_string> tag and frequency is incorrect (should be 1/day but it's 1/rd)
    id-00222 and id-00223 have the name "Poison", the type "1", duplicate information between primary and secondary poison effects, and both are missing the <save_string> tag
    Sure, happy to add it! I didn't see <save_string> on the post on the first page, was that added to the spec later on? ...reads the 220 example closer... Derp. Yup, I can do that. And that's a great catch for the 'type' information, I'll track that down. Thank you for the double checks!

Actually 'Poison' is going to be a very common name for poisons I think.

Amphisbaena: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...s/amphisbaena/
    Poison (Ex)
    Bite—injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Con; cure 1 save.

Aranea: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...beasts/aranea/
    Poison (Ex)
    Bite—injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Strength; cure 1 save.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    Sure, happy to add it! I didn't see <save_string> on the post on the first page, was that added to the spec later on? ...reads the 220 example closer... Derp. Yup, I can do that. And that's a great catch for the 'type' information, I'll track that down. Thank you for the double checks!

Actually 'Poison' is going to be a very common name for poisons I think.

Amphisbaena: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...s/amphisbaena/
    Poison (Ex)
    Bite—injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Con; cure 1 save.

Aranea: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...beasts/aranea/
    Poison (Ex)
    Bite—injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Strength; cure 1 save.
    Ah, sorry! I had not included that since it is auto-generated (but isn't when information is added to xml directly).
    EDIT: If it helps, you can see how I am generating this string here (the generateSaveString() function). This string is only used for display/readability purposes, so it doesn't have to conform exactly to this format (it just has to be readable to the user).

Regarding "Poison", perhaps (if the name would otherwise be just "Poison" and there is information in the NPC Field) you can combine NPC Name with "Poison" so it says "Aranea Poison"?
    Last edited by bmos; January 7th, 2021 at 13:03.

Hey question. I am running a very heavy poison usage character and I am trying to work with my DM to get this working and we are having a few struggles.

1: There doesn't seem to be anything tracking the rounds in a visual sort of way (it doesn't show how many rounds are currently left in either the maladies section, or on the combat tracker) Not sure if this is our own user error or if its intended to be that way.

2: Using auto rolls with the time manager extension its rolling its saves at the top of the combat tracker round as opposed to the start of the poisoned creatures turn like poisons are supposed to function.

3: When it auto rolls its rolling seemingly all remaining rounds left in the poison and then marking it expired all at once. But only sometimes? sometimes it will roll 3 rounds worth or a random number variation. To make it even more confusing, every now and then it will just work properly, but after deleting the poison and reapplying it again it will go right back to rolling all rounds at once again. I'm perplexed.

Any assistance would be welcome, as this extension seems fantastic and when working would really help simplify the bookkeeping me and the DM have to do with my poison management in combat.

P.S. I would love if there was some way to have a player interface that lets me apply these to creatures myself, since as it is now my DM pretty much has to do everything at my instruction haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer View Post
    Hey question. I am running a very heavy poison usage character and I am trying to work with my DM to get this working and we are having a few struggles.

1: There doesn't seem to be anything tracking the rounds in a visual sort of way (it doesn't show how many rounds are currently left in either the maladies section, or on the combat tracker) Not sure if this is our own user error or if its intended to be that way.

3: When it auto rolls its rolling seemingly all remaining rounds left in the poison and then marking it expired all at once. But only sometimes? sometimes it will roll 3 rounds worth or a random number variation. To make it even more confusing, every now and then it will just work properly, but after deleting the poison and reapplying it again it will go right back to rolling all rounds at once again. I'm perplexed.

Any assistance would be welcome, as this extension seems fantastic and when working would really help simplify the bookkeeping me and the DM have to do with my poison management in combat.

P.S. I would love if there was some way to have a player interface that lets me apply these to creatures myself, since as it is now my DM pretty much has to do everything at my instruction haha
    Good suggestions. I'm not going to be able to work on these extensions for a while but I will add those to the to-do/issues list: [11] [12]

Not sure why you're seeing more than a single roll at a time. FG Unity or Classic?
    Possibly you're advancing more than a single round (such as advancing a whole minute--10 rounds--using the time manager) so it's rolling all that are due?
    For a single round you should advance via the "next turn" or "next round" buttons in the CT.

2: Using auto rolls with the time manager extension its rolling its saves at the top of the combat tracker round as opposed to the start of the poisoned creatures turn like poisons are supposed to function.
    Can you provide a source for this?
    1 round represents 6 seconds and everyone is acting simultaneously (initiative is a game-mechanic that helps avoid talking over each other), so I don't see the difference?
    Last edited by bmos; January 16th, 2021 at 16:59.

bmos,

If you look at the last paragraph of the source you linked to, that is what I think cancer is sourcing. It is very similar to spells that last a certain number of rounds (start on casting initiative, end right before that initiative). So if a poison is applied on initiative count 11, runs for 5 rounds, and applies its effect each round, it should apply the effect at count 11, ending right before count 11 (but not 12) on the 6th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Not sure why you're seeing more than a single roll at a time. FG Unity or Classic?
    Possibly you're advancing more than a single round (such as advancing a whole minute--10 rounds--using the time manager) so it's rolling all that are due?
    For a single round you should advance via the "next turn" or "next round" buttons in the CT.

Can you provide a source for this?
    [URL="https://www.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Name=The%20Combat%20Round&Category=How% 20Combat%20Works"
    1 round represents 6 seconds and everyone is acting simultaneously (initiative is a game-mechanic that helps avoid talking over each other)[/URL], so I don't see the difference?
    We are using the unity version of Fantasy grounds, as well as all of our testing was done using the "next turn" button on the combat tracker, so I am unsure what other variable there is.

We never advanced any other way and got varying degrees of # of rolls made on 95% of our tests, even though we never changed how we advanced. I can talk to my gm and see if he can make a short recording or something if that would be helpful.

As far as the round timing for poisons triggering.
    "At the next frequency interval (your next turn for 1/round poisons, 1 minute later for 1/minute, next day for 1/day) you must make a save on your turn (at any point during your turn – you must still make this save if you choose to delay)."

The reason it matters is because of where it happens in the initiative, this potentially gives other players the opportunity to react with or to the character who is poisoned before further poison saves (think heal checks, or delay poison spells, or even offensive spells like pernicious poisons, or accelerate poisons)

Source:
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...ctions/poison/

It's a long page, the section specifically is after the table of poisons under the "how do poisons work" section

As far as the round timing for poisons triggering.
    "At the next frequency interval (your next turn for 1/round poisons, 1 minute later for 1/minute, next day for 1/day) you must make a save on your turn (at any point during your turn – you must still make this save if you choose to delay)."

Source: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...ctions/poison/
    Careful relying on d20pfsrd, that site has a lot of content that is non-official and the editors often include non-official rulings as if they were canon.
    AoN PRD is the official SRD site as it contains no such inaccuracies and properly cites its sources (unlike d20pfsrd which doesn't--and can't because they make up things to clarify rules that are lacking in detail). The poison page is here and does not contain that language.

We are using the unity version of Fantasy grounds, as well as all of our testing was done using the "next turn" button on the combat tracker, so I am unsure what other variable there is.
    Hmm. I'll have to look into that through some testing when I get a chance. I do know that there is some funniness with timing (see the demo video for an example, iirc). I have added this to the issues list as a known bug: [14]

The reason it matters is because of where it happens in the initiative, this potentially gives other players the opportunity to react with or to the character who is poisoned before further poison saves (think heal checks, or delay poison spells, or even offensive spells like pernicious poisons, or accelerate poisons)
    That's a tough one, it's really walking the line of metagaming IMO.
    While the players obviously see each other being afflicted with maladies because the GM is saying it out loud, the characters would have a much harder time telling what is going on in the midst of combat and it seems to directly contradict the official description of how rounds/combat timing works.
    Last edited by bmos; January 17th, 2021 at 00:27.

I totally understand the grain of salt with pfsrd, though in this case I don't believe it to be the case.

Paizo has a blog article post by the lead designer specifically on poisons and how they work since they were explained somewhat poorly in the core books.

He covered some of the key functions including when the target makes their saves (see bullet point 3)

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...-FAQ-on-Poison

I imagine since this wasn't scraped directly from the PDFs is the reason it didn't make it into AoN

(Sorry I'm not hyperlinking, posting on my phone atm)

Thread Information