DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 91 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last

Hi! So, it's just me or the Readme into the github files it's empty? I'm trying to figure out where to put all the files to install AO but i'm failing, miserably..

Quote Originally Posted by CorteSconta View Post
    Hi! So, it's just me or the Readme into the github files it's empty? I'm trying to figure out where to put all the files to install AO but i'm failing, miserably..
    This extension works as all other extensions generally. The doc site should have instructions for general things like that. Drop the .ext into your FG_DATA_PATH\extensions\ folder. Thats the only file that should be there. If you are using the example modules those need to be placed into FG_DATA_PATH\modules\ folder.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been raised, but there is a lot of posts to read and I can't seem to find the answers I'm after with the 'search' function.

1. When you make 'Sound Boards' are they just 'Story' elements within FG or is there somewhere else I have to create them?
    2. At the moment whenever I click on a 'play sound' button, the sound plays fine but my FG Options panel also opens, does anyone else get this and know how to stop it?

Thanks.

I use and love this extension! I do have one question - will we ever have the ability to trigger sounds even if GM rolls are hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by Craftzero View Post
    I use and love this extension! I do have one question - will we ever have the ability to trigger sounds even if GM rolls are hidden?
    Agreed. It would be awesome if we could do this. I don't know how to code in FG but my guess is there is a reason this isn't possible right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftzero View Post
    If you don't want the players to see the dice roll, why would you want them to hear the results of the roll?

Quote Originally Posted by googalabosh View Post
    Agreed. It would be awesome if we could do this. I don't know how to code in FG but my guess is there is a reason this isn't possible right now.
    There is, without additional changes in the process to capture chat text (which might cause problems with various rulesets) it's not feasible.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you don't want the players to see the dice roll, why would you want them to hear the results of the roll?
    Revealing the roll shows the players whatever bonus a particular NPC has - so if you want to keep the skill of an NPC secret, you can't.

Be cool if there is a way to concatenate the actor's name that triggered an event into an event itself.
    For example

Tiffany:Damage [23] slashing [CRITICAL] ----- as it is atm there would be no way to trigger a specialized sound for Tiffany as Tiffany cant be picked up by the trigger.
    But...
    Tiffany:Tiffany's Damage [23] slashing [CRITICAL ----- could be? ([Actor->Name] + "'s " + ActionS)

Then I could have a cool sound for Tiffany getting a critical (or whoever)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Be cool if there is a way to concatenate the actor's name that triggered an event into an event itself.
    For example

Tiffany:Damage [23] slashing [CRITICAL] ----- as it is atm there would be no way to trigger a specialized sound for Tiffany as Tiffany cant be picked up by the trigger.
    But...
    Tiffany:Tiffany's Damage [23] slashing [CRITICAL ----- could be? ([Actor->Name] + "'s " + ActionS)

Then I could have a cool sound for Tiffany getting a critical (or whoever)
    Yeah, I've always wanted that as well!

Thread Information