DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yes, it works for me... Make sure that you actually have a STR modifier in case you do not see any number

haha! it's always the obvious -- there is no mod (str 10)! i had just assumed if the npc has the feat, it would have the str score to make it relevant.

once in a while i get things like this... paizo writers overlook certain details X-D
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

haha! it's always the obvious -- there is no mod (str 10)! i had just assumed if the npc has the feat, it would have the str score to make it relevant.

once in a while i get things like this... paizo writers overlook certain details X-D
    hehe Glad, that the reason was just a STR 10

Hey Kelrugem, I am really excited about this extension but I am having the same problem as the guy in post #12 unfortunately. It will apply the bonus to all saves rather than just the ones it is supposed to.

For example, for the Elven racial +2 save against enchantment, I do IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2 racial and it will apply the bonus to all saves I roll.

Also having a problem trying to apply IFTAG: fear; SAVE: -1 same issue, it applies -1 to all saves. Unfortunately the fix that seemed to work for him is not working for me. I don't use the flat-footed extension, and I re-downloaded your extension. Has to be a incompatibility unfortunately I am a complete noob and have no idea how to tell what is compatible with what, so I'm hoping you can help. I am using the following extensions:

Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5e and pathfinder
    Advanced Effects for 3.5e and pathfinder
    Big Fonts
    CoreRPG-Better Menus (NO SIDEBAR)
    CoreRPG-Has Initiative Indicator
    Customized Item Generator
    Full Overlay Package with other Icons
    Height
    Hero Points for CoreRPG
    PFRPG-Enhanced Items v4.21
    Spell Failure
    Theme: Wood
    Window Saver

Quote Originally Posted by IKillCharacters42 View Post
    Hey Kelrugem, I am really excited about this extension but I am having the same problem as the guy in post #12 unfortunately. It will apply the bonus to all saves rather than just the ones it is supposed to.

For example, for the Elven racial +2 save against enchantment, I do IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2 racial and it will apply the bonus to all saves I roll.

Also having a problem trying to apply IFTAG: fear; SAVE: -1 same issue, it applies -1 to all saves. Unfortunately the fix that seemed to work for him is not working for me. I don't use the flat-footed extension, and I re-downloaded your extension. Has to be a incompatibility unfortunately I am a complete noob and have no idea how to tell what is compatible with what, so I'm hoping you can help. I am using the following extensions:

Big Fonts
    Height
    Hero Points for CoreRPG
    Spell Failure
    Window Saver
    it's sure an incompatibliity, something bugs out the iftag parameter so it gets ignored by fg and it only reads the effects linked (saves, for example).

The advanced effect... is that the one that allows you to put effects onto items? (If it's the one, then that's the cause). If that's not it, either try running FG without any other extensiona and test it. Then run it again with one extension up, and test it. Then, proceed to add one extension (and test it) every time

You use so few extensions it's more feasible than when I did (with something like 37 extensions loaded)

By doing so, you should easily figure out which extension bugs it out

Big Fonts
    Height
    Hero Points for CoreRPG
    Spell Failure
    Window Saver
    Hi

Thanks for the list of extensions: Can you try turning off Advanced Effect for 3.5e and pathfinder and then try again? Sadly, my extension is not compatible with rmilmine's extension, and I think I remember that it was precisely causing that the IFTAG operator is then ignored when one has this extension activated.

In the long run I want to incorporate rmilmine's extension to solve that, but that will take some months until my thesis is done and I finally know what comes after my PhD Sorry for the problems

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    it's sure an incompatibliity, something bugs out the iftag parameter so it gets ignored by fg and it only reads the effects linked (saves, for example).

The advanced effect... is that the one that allows you to put effects onto items? (If it's the one, then that's the cause). If that's not it, either try running FG without any other extensiona and test it. Then run it again with one extension up, and test it. Then, proceed to add one extension (and test it) every time

You use so few extensions it's more feasible than when I did (with something like 37 extensions loaded)

By doing so, you should easily figure out which extension bugs it out
    Oops, Asgurgolas was quicker than me Thanks, I also suspect rmilmine's extension

Unfortunately, you are correct. Makes me sad, I love both of these extensions. Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, you are correct. Makes me sad, I love both of these extensions. Thank you for your help.
    I feel that, that's why I'm looking forward for the day those extensions will become compatible with each other.. (since I totally suck at scripting & programming)

As an intermediate solution I can try to implement a tag line for PC weapons at some point; then one can use IFTAG with weapon attacks and damages to attach effects just to certain weapons That would at least cover one of the major advantages of rmilmine's extension

it was very useful for NPCs too, having to set up certain effects only once on their NPC entries, that would automatically be applied every time it was put on the tracker... for example setting some undead with "IFT: CUSTOM (Necrotic Cyst); DMG: 1d6 melee" or all those monsters that have passive effects always on (and I can't be bothered to click on each entry in the CT to activate for each one). But for now, focus on your thesis and we'll abduct you for extensions once you're set with your PhD :P

Thread Information