FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 47 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    you could try right-clicking the token and to change its visibility I think normal tokens are put to always visible (tokens from the CT as for NPCs are either invisible or mask-sensitive as default when made visible in the CT)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranDob View Post
    With Parcel Extension when I place a chest etc on a map the players can see it even through LOS. Am I doing it wrong or is there a setting to make it non visible until the players are within the area? Thanks.
    Ok right mouse over the token and you will see a visibility option at about 10 oclock. Click it and you will see a mask sensitive visibility option. It will appear unlocked. Lock it. Then it will respect the masking. I never knew this - and it appears its only around for DB linked type of tokens like PC's and NPC's and now - map parcels.

Question is - should I be placing this with that already set? Seems the default was placed without it set. To fix your stuff just make sure you set that - you can see it on your PC/NPC tokens also but its currently set to lock.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Yes, I think it should be set by default. I had the same issue where the players were able to see every parcel on the map, despite not being able to see any of the rest of the map.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Yes, I think it should be set by default. I had the same issue where the players were able to see every parcel on the map, despite not being able to see any of the rest of the map.
    Even when I set it - and it works - it still does not remember it next time I come up - I'm going to need to find out what this flag is and why/how it is made persistent for the PC/NPC tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Even when I set it - and it works - it still does not remember it next time I come up - I'm going to need to find out what this flag is and why/how it is made persistent for the PC/NPC tokens.
    yup, when one adjusts the visibility settings manually, then they are sadly not persistent Would certainly be nice to have a persistant thing here

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    yup, when one adjusts the visibility settings manually, then they are sadly not persistent Would certainly be nice to have a persistant thing here
    Will fix if I can figure out HOW to fix. Right now looking up that menu flag shows the message but I can't find the code that triggers it. Going to have to ask if anyone knows what it is.

Basically tokens have a toggle for visibility (always visible or not). The Map Parcel tokens are defaulting to always visible so they don't respect LOS and are seen by players. Unless you toggle that option. Its the same option on NPC/PC tokens where its defaulted the other way. NPC/PC/Map Parcel tokens do not remember between sessions what you last set them to so you have to reset them every session it appears if you want them to remember their last setting.

Edited: Fixed.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 23rd, 2020 at 05:49.

If you guys can test it at your earliest convenience that would be great...

V1.7 - map parcel tokens were visible to the player but also visible through LOS (two flavors of visibility for a token). Fixed to get visible by player and not through LOS as default.

Obviously you can still change the two flavors of visibility as with any token in normal FGU maps. And as with any token in normal FGU maps - it won't be remembered between sessions. But at least it is defaulting to what I should have been to start with.

Nice , I don't have a recent game coming, or I would have happily tested for you!
    I did notice what was mentioned early on the forum in my last game, I tried hiding the the tokens, but somehow that didn't work for me.
    Glad that you made a fix.. hope someone will test it soon to see if it works too !
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; November 23rd, 2020 at 15:48.

I think the update worked. When LOS map is zoomed out I cannot see the parcels now. Thanks.

Thread Information