STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 45 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doredras View Post
    Hey folks. Loving this extension, but I'm struggling with a little issue and I'm wondering how others have solved it.

After creating and sharing a bunch of World Builder entries with players, the list for them is becoming difficult to navigate without categorization. The groups I define as a GM and place entries into aren't shared with players, and they can't create groups themselves. Has anyone come up with a good strategy for organization on the player side?
    If you export the entries as a Module then the Categories are retained.
    There are other caveats that this introduces - some of them are explained a couple of pages back in I think.

Basically it is a limitation/design of CoreRPG.

Blog Entries
    Otherwise have the player start a Note and create Headings in the note and then drag the entries into the note under the correct heading.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If you export the entries as a Module then the Categories are retained.
    There are other caveats that this introduces - some of them are explained a couple of pages back in I think.

Basically it is a limitation/design of CoreRPG.
    This is helpful, I hadn't thought about the module working to preserve groups.

Blog Entries
    I've played quite a bit with the World Builder but hadn't really messed with the Investigator too much.

Upon trying it out today.. (and I reloaded the latest updated version 1.12) it seems that the locks don't work quite right in the Investigator windows.
    I open the window.. and try and lock it.. the fields remain editable.. if I leave it locked and close it.. when I open it again the fields are locked... and do not unlock when I unlock it.. if I leave it unlocked and close it.. then when I open it up again.. the fields are unlocked.... yes there is a work around.. but it seems pretty cumbersome.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Wishing there was a fully populated World Builder module with the Eberron setting. Would be a huge help to a new Eberron DM trying to prep wayyyy too much lol. If anyone is interested in collaborating on that let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Wishing there was a fully populated World Builder module with the Eberron setting. Would be a huge help to a new Eberron DM trying to prep wayyyy too much lol. If anyone is interested in collaborating on that let me know!
    This would not be legal for obvious copyright reasons.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    For those settings released on the DMsGuild, one should be able to make a World Builder module. Presuming the license on this extension allows it AND the module has predominantly new material and not just reformatting existing content.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This would not be legal for obvious copyright reasons.
    I don't think the copywrite legalities are obvious.

It is legal to reformat published content you own for your own purposes. Obviously collaborating with others gets into a grey area as that would necessitate some "distribution" of content to other users. However if you limited the World Builder module to not include direct copy-paste from published content it might be DMsGuild legal, as LordEntrails mentions.

Either way, I'm not interested in publishing it. I'm just looking to make an Eberron World Builder module for my own use.

Blog Entries
    I dont see anything grey here at all. You have different scenarios in the one post.

You can reformat it for your own use. As soon as you collaborate it is not for your own use. If you do it all yourself and keep it to yourself its legal.
    DMsGuild has its own guidelines and licenses and you should follow those to the letter.
    If its for your own use and not published under some licensing agreement then you cannot collaborate or share a finished (or unfinished) product that contains someone elses copyright protected material.

Hi damned,

First off, LOVE this extension, World Builder should be part of the core interface, if you ask me. I'm having trouble with the Checkboxes though - even when I check them, my players can't see the records. I'm running Unity if that makes a difference? Also, I'm an Ultimate license and my players are all Demos, so there's potentially a couple of things that could have gone weird there, maybe?

Thanks for a great extension, and hope you know what's happened.

Cheers,

- Toko.

Thread Information