DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    This is the basic combat roll for Paranoia.
    )
    https://twitter.com/madbeardman/stat...200375297?s=21
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

/sfdice ((p1)+(a1))d6s5f1

This throws an error... bad argument #2 to min...

What do I need to do pls.

If you're trying to come up with a totaling of # of dice [d6], I've never found a solution for that. It's a capability I'd love to see.
    Last edited by PhilAdams; September 12th, 2020 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilAdams View Post
    If you're trying to com up with a totaling of # of dice [d6], I've never found a solution for that. It's a capability I'd love to see.
    Yes I am, have you found another way around it?

Unfortunately, it's not graceful. I use the dice pool. OR I have people manually type the values in. It's not elegant, and this is the mechanism behind things like the MYZ engine and a lot of other systems (which add Attribute + Skill [+ Situational + Gear].

Another solution you can use is the modifier window. So, if you have Attribute dice/rating, and you have a Skill rating, you can roll for plain Attribute (unskilled) or you can roll Skill + (type in the Attribute rating in the modifier window). It's clunky, but maybe there's a limitation with Lua or something that limits the timing of dice string parsing?

When I ran Alien, I simply hard coded the final # of dice into p1. So Agility might be 4(d6), and Piloting might be 3. If so, I'd have the skill on the character sheet as Piloting 3 (the actual skill name), then the p1 box was 7 (Agility + Piloting 3), and the dice string used only p1.

I thought about using Pools, but you cant apply the /sfdice condition to pool rolls can you? THey are just plain rolls?

Right. I think if you're using the pool, you end up having to do the dice resolution manually. For some systems (like MYZ), that's pretty easy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYak View Post
    Hi all,
    Hopefully a quick one, is there a dice string for multiply in morecore?
    I did some searching but no luck so far, I want to do something like /afmbe 1d8 x3 or /die 1d8*3.
    A basic multiplier to the dice roll
    use the afmbedmg roll
    AFMBE Damage Roll: /afmbedmg (p1)d6x(p2) (roll #d6 * #)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi all, is there a variable within MoreCore or CoreRPG that allows you to determine the range between attacker and target on a map, which can then be used in a script to select the correct range category for applying range modifiers within an attack roll?
    There is not.
    2E and SR4 rulesets both include code to do this.
    An upcoming Star Wars d6 Extension may do this but it is not quite yet ready.
    Its not on my radar....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    /sfdice ((p1)+(a1))d6s5f1

This throws an error... bad argument #2 to min...

What do I need to do pls.
    The valid syntax is:

Success/Fail: /sfdice #d#s#f# (roll #dice, count #s[Success] and #f[Fail])

Thread Information