FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 82 of 114 First ... 3272808182838492 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The map for MD #015 is a different dimension in the PF module. I've fixed the other two issues.
    Thanks, Zacchaeus. I'll look into MD #015 for PFRPG.

Worked out LOS for Dungeons & Dragons vs Rick and Morty - The Lost Dungeon of Rickedness Map 1.1 Player
    Dungeons & Dragons vs Rick and Morty - The Lost Dungeon of Rickedness.xml

Quote Originally Posted by maugrim8866 View Post
    Worked out LOS for Dungeons & Dragons vs Rick and Morty - The Lost Dungeon of Rickedness Map 1.1 Player
    Seems like I did that 2 posts back. Or was that a quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Seems like I did that 2 posts back. Or was that a quote?
    Sorry, did not look to see if others had done the work before doing it myself. I just opened the mod and saw that there was no LOS info, so I added it and thought to share the work.
    Please ignore if redundant.

Sorry, did not look to see if others had done the work before doing it myself. I just opened the mod and saw that there was no LOS info, so I added it and thought to share the work.
    Please ignore if redundant.
    Nah its all good - Smiteworks have 2 to work with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Dungeons & Dragons vs Rick and Morty - The Lost Dungeon on Rickedness
    Hah, nice. I'll pick the best one
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Attempt at AAW Search for the Tri-Stone Line of Sight

This is my first attempt at adding LoS to a module. Please let me know what you think and I will get more to you soon.

Just some notes on this one until I know I am on the right track for thinking about what to add line of sight and not. This is for 5E compatible. There is also pathfinder and D&D3.5 in the store. Don't know if it will transfer as well.

AAW module: A08: Search for the Tri-Stone (5E)
    - Cliffs Edge: No combat. Environment map. Map is fully viewable to me. Let me know if you think otherwise.
    - Dark Wood: Wall lines used for trunks of trees. This wooded area is trr only and not brush. So I used wall lines for the trunk and not terrain lines.
    - Rybalkan Peninsula Overland Map: Not a PC map
    - Serpent Lake Map: Not a PC map
    - The Thingallor: Complete. Did not terrain the benches since I thought they would be low enough not to cause any sight blockage.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Spacebar77; May 21st, 2020 at 18:19.

Blog Entries
    Just a heads up, but I noticed a peculiar effect when maps have skinny terrain polygons. If you have an ascending or descending hallway and you add a terrain component in the middle at some point, it will block player movement if the player is not able to fully enter the terrain. I personally prefer to use keyboard arrow keys to move square by square and in the Dragon of Icespire Peak map for Gnomengarde - Players, there were a few terrain areas that were too small for me to enter. Since players can't move to any location they can't see, this meant that it essentially acted like a door instead of terrain. Whenever you make terrain, please make sure that it is at a minimum of 1 grid square if you want players to be able to walk through it without the GM having to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Just a heads up, but I noticed a peculiar effect when maps have skinny terrain polygons. If you have an ascending or descending hallway and you add a terrain component in the middle at some point, it will block player movement if the player is not able to fully enter the terrain. I personally prefer to use keyboard arrow keys to move square by square and in the Dragon of Icespire Peak map for Gnomengarde - Players, there were a few terrain areas that were too small for me to enter. Since players can't move to any location they can't see, this meant that it essentially acted like a door instead of terrain. Whenever you make terrain, please make sure that it is at a minimum of 1 grid square if you want players to be able to walk through it without the GM having to help.
    Why is a terrain polygon ever blocking movement? Good to know there's a workaround, but seems like this is a bug that should be fixed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Why is a terrain polygon ever blocking movement? Good to know there's a workaround, but seems like this is a bug that should be fixed.
    It's by design. Players are restricted to only move where they can "see". Walls block vision, the back side of doors block vision and the back side of terrain blocks vision. Therefore, all of those block movement. When a player is inside terrain, they can see everything within the terrain and everything outside of the terrain. In order to go from one side of terrain to the other, they have to pass through the terrain first. Players using grid based movement get "blocked" when the terrain is so small that it doesn't allow them to enter the terrain. A player can bypass this by using mouse-drag movement -- but ultimately, the terrain needs to be designed with this in mind.

Thread Information