DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 30 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Unlike FGC, FGU does not allow Free users to host a campaign. 95% sure on that.
    I'm a new user to Fantasy Grounds without a subscription. I've been trying the FGU demo out for awhile and tried to host and see if I could hash out the port forwarding before I subscribed. The demo version seems to allow me to host a game as it'll load up the tabletop. I can't get other clients to connect though, even trying to connect to localhost with another instance.

It would be nice if the fact that "no hosting" is possible with the FGU demo had popped up or something before I tried to troubleshoot why nothing was connecting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nifty View Post
    I'm a new user to Fantasy Grounds without a subscription. I've been trying the FGU demo out for awhile and tried to host and see if I could hash out the port forwarding before I subscribed. The demo version seems to allow me to host a game as it'll load up the tabletop. I can't get other clients to connect though, even trying to connect to localhost with another instance.

It would be nice if the fact that "no hosting" is possible with the FGU demo had popped up or something before I tried to troubleshoot why nothing was connecting.
    FGU will allow you to load a campaign, but it will not allow you to host. 100% sure on that now.

Given that is probably not going to be the behavior after full release, it's probably not worth developer time to implement such a notice. But yes, it would be nice.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I will confirm that you cannot use the demo client during early access / beta to host.
    The demo client is only good for learning the interface and connecting to someone with an Ultimate license.

@lavoiejh,
    In the logs you sent yesterday, the connecting player was using an old build (not 2020-04-04). The logs are very different. Builds older than 2020-04-04 can not talk to builds newer than 2020-04-04.

@nifty/LordEntrails/damned,
    The free version allows you to create and save campaign data; but does not allow network connections. That's the plan for release.

Regards,
    JPG

I was invited to a game that started this morning. After updating FGU, none of us could get in. It was a cloud based game wiih a password. We all reported receiving the same message: "Attempting resolved connection to server. [68.183.117.123:55951]"

The host then turned off the password. This did not make an immediate difference, but we all kept trying and eventually, we got past this error message and could get in - each of us at different times. This afternoon, I have been trying to log into a different hosted game with password and cannot get past this error message. It allows me to enter the password, then gives me the same error message.
    Last edited by Alzarian Crimson; April 11th, 2020 at 19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @lavoiejh,
    In the logs you sent yesterday, the connecting player was using an old build (not 2020-04-04). The logs are very different. Builds older than 2020-04-04 can not talk to builds newer than 2020-04-04.
    Oh man, that's frustrating because I know that to be true (that he needed to be up to date), and told him as much, and he stated that he had updated multiple times. Only thing I can think of is that for some reason his updater wasn't working properly, probably because he was one of the people that had issues with the old updater and needs to do a clean install. I'll look into it and hopefully that will rectify things.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FGU will allow you to load a campaign, but it will not allow you to host. 100% sure on that now.

Given that is probably not going to be the behavior after full release, it's probably not worth developer time to implement such a notice. But yes, it would be nice.
    I appreciate your post, it helped me out. I'll be trying a monthly sub to try things out.

The cloud host for our game keeps freezing and when we reboot we get connected temporarily before it crashes again. As a new paid user this quite frustrating. What's going on?

We are spectrum cable users.
    Last edited by Baldwinthemerciful; April 12th, 2020 at 02:14.

I'm not able to get in and test the connection with anyone -- but here is the error I get when starting the app (from the player end, through a demo account):
    [4/11/2020 9:09:50 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/11/2020 9:09:50 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to load vault file (extensions/Decal_DMG/extension.xml) from product (WOTC5EDMG)
    [4/11/2020 9:09:50 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to load vault file (extensions/Decal_LMOP/extension.xml) from product (WOTC5ELMOP)
    [4/11/2020 9:09:50 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to load vault file (extensions/Decal_PHB/extension.xml) from product (WOTC5EPHBDELUXE)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwinthemerciful View Post
    The cloud host for our game keeps freezing and when we reboot we get connected temporarily before it crashes again. As a new paid user this quite frustrating. What's going on?

We are spectrum cable users.
    Please see post #1 and include the information needed to help resolve this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information