DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 98 of 110 First ... 488896979899100108 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Griffonbait View Post
    For FGU:

Attachment 33119

Back pack errata?

Does the Starfinder Backpack's own bulk apply when worn correctly? Notes in "Other" tab indicate no.
    Since this particular magic item doesn't specifically state that its own bulk doesn't count like the others do, then yes, its own bulk counts against your encumbrance limit.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I am getting the following error in my Starfinder campaign when I open up classes and select a class. I then try to add “ALT FEATURES” and when I hit the plus sign I get “Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:44: createWindow: Unable to create window"

I tried the following:
    • Two different computers
    • Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Fantasy grounds
    • Replacing the db.xml with a backup db.xml

Also, contacted friend with the program and he is able to do this without an error.

Hi All

So I am pretty new to FGU, I am trying to set up characters - for reference I am exporting from Hero Lab Online and creating in Fantasy Grounds. A few things I have seen today:

1) Technomancer - cannot add spells, receive 'Unable to determine class or level for new spell
    2) Cannot add Archetypes
    3) Soldier in Power Armor does not change/add unarmed combat damage (1d10)
    4) Not calculating damage modifier correctly inline with feats and race (Vesk race bonus, Hammerfist ability from Armor Storm)
    5) Saving throws not always calculating correctly
    6) Solarion powers not listed as actions (Super Nova, Solar Weapon)
    7) Inheritor's Grace I armor missing from the Armory (II & III are present)
    8) Operative's Edge not being added to skill scores and initiative checks

A lot of the automation I saw users getting in the 5e modules jsut seems to be missing, happy to accept this could be my relative inexperience but putting the PCs together has been quite painful and they are probably only 80% there. I want to move my stuff to FGU completely and ditch HLO so would be good to know when these issues will be addressed or to know what I am doing wrong. These are just the issues that immediately spring to mind., I haven't documented everything yet

Resizing the character sheet on the Main tab messes up the formatting of the Race and Class lines. The link button on Race goes behind the box for class and it generally just looks funky.
    This doesn't happen with 5e or Pathfinder rulesets.

[QUOTE=taffysaint;492916]Hi All

So I am pretty new to FGU, I am trying to set up characters - for reference I am exporting from Hero Lab Online and creating in Fantasy Grounds. A few things I have seen today:

1) Technomancer - cannot add spells, receive 'Unable to determine class or level for new spell

We just started playing and it looks like the spells have now appeared in the PCs sheet (20 instances of dancing lights) so this looks resolved

Quote Originally Posted by taffysaint View Post
    Hi All

2) Cannot add Archetypes
    3) Soldier in Power Armor does not change/add unarmed combat damage (1d10)
    4) Not calculating damage modifier correctly inline with feats and race (Vesk race bonus, Hammerfist ability from Armor Storm)
    5) Saving throws not always calculating correctly
    6) Solarion powers not listed as actions (Super Nova, Solar Weapon)
    7) Inheritor's Grace I armor missing from the Armory (II & III are present)
    8) Operative's Edge not being added to skill scores and initiative checks

A lot of the automation I saw users getting in the 5e modules jsut seems to be missing, happy to accept this could be my relative inexperience but putting the PCs together has been quite painful and they are probably only 80% there. I want to move my stuff to FGU completely and ditch HLO so would be good to know when these issues will be addressed or to know what I am doing wrong. These are just the issues that immediately spring to mind., I haven't documented everything yet
    1) Maybe you could explain what you are doing to get this error message exactly. I just tried it, and was able to add 4 level 0 and 2 level 1 to a new character without any issue
    2) Never tried that, so can't speak to that
    3) First, it's not a 1d10 (where are you getting that value?), it's damage based on the level equivalent of the battleglove that is less than or equal to your soldier level (heavy and powered armor get this). You would just add a free battleglove (of the appropriate level) to your inventory and it will show up as a weapon with the correct damage.
    4) You need to add those effects manually, like #3 above
    5) An example is necessary
    6) You have to add those manually
    7) Yep, actually missing
    8) You need to add those bonuses manually

This is not the 5e ruleset. It hasn't been around as long as the 5e ruleset for one thing, and the amount of baggage from the initial build of the ruleset from the first developer is immense. Add to that and the developer constantly gets hounded by people that say that there is too much automation and those that say there isn't enough. Where do you draw the line to make the largest number of people happy?

As a general rule, if you are reporting bugs, it would be helpful to provide screenshots and the character xml file. If you are citing a particular rule, it is helpful to have the reference and the page number (e.g. Armory p12, et.al.)
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Resizing the character sheet on the Main tab messes up the formatting of the Race and Class lines. The link button on Race goes behind the box for class and it generally just looks funky.
    This doesn't happen with 5e or Pathfinder rulesets.
    Yep, been reported many times before. When you only have 1 or 2 columns on a sheet it is easy to resize the sheet and scale it appropriately. Not so much when you have the structural mess that is on there now, which is why the Main tab looks so wonky.
    aka Laendra

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Yep, been reported many times before. When you only have 1 or 2 columns on a sheet it is easy to resize the sheet and scale it appropriately. Not so much when you have the structural mess that is on there now, which is why the Main tab looks so wonky.
    Minor form issue in FGC in FGU (see screenshot attached)
    Form issue.png

Literally unplayable, dude...
    aka Laendra

Thread Information