DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 41 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post
    The thing that I absolutely hate thou are the dice-rolls: Not beeing able to see what number I actually rolled is something that I fully dislike, Even on tables I do not see the actual number. And as far as I can see there is no option to turn this off. Granted I'm comming from the old V20/W20 but I think that even in V5 there might situations where I as DM want to adjust the actual Difficulty what counts as success (not to be confused with successed needed). Even manually rolling /roll d20 or sth like that is not possible!
    In V5 you do not adjust the number that counts as success. That is not how the system works, and will break if you change that. The target number on the die is always 6. You adjust the difficulty mainly by how many successes you need for the roll to succeed, 2 for average difficulty for example. So there is no need to see the actual numbers. Only when activating Oblivion powers is the number on the die relevant and even in that you should roll a hunger die where 1 is portrayed as a skull and 10 as crit ankh. So for V5 the system works as intended.

I think it would be a good idea to start a separate thread for V20 conversion if that is your preferred edition.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkWolf View Post
    Hey, not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I try to resize an image I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:95: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)
    Check the extensions you're running - this is caused by the Enhanced Images extension. Download the latest FG v3.3.10 compatible version.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinski View Post
    In V5 you do not adjust the number that counts as success. That is not how the system works, and will break if you change that. The target number on the die is always 6. You adjust the difficulty mainly by how many successes you need for the roll to succeed, 2 for average difficulty for example. So there is no need to see the actual numbers. Only when activating Oblivion powers is the number on the die relevant and even in that you should roll a hunger die where 1 is portrayed as a skull and 10 as crit ankh. So for V5 the system works as intended.

I think it would be a good idea to start a separate thread for V20 conversion if that is your preferred edition.
    Don't worry once V5 is out of it's bugs I do intent do either try myself or find someone that can do a conversion. Your comment on not seing numbers only scratches on the surface though. Sure I may not need to see numbers on default rolls for abilities etc. but not seeing it on a table roll? or if a player want's roll roll a dice to determine how his character reacts? I know a certain Malkie player in my group that uses dice to determine in which state of manic/depression he currently is. Funny thing is this: the official die for V5, that you can buy, have numbers on it instead of one Skull, some blanks and Anks. So even there player can see numbers if they want to. You even have a +- 1,2 Modifier for your dice in the default dice roller in the bottom left, so in the background everything works fine. It's a design-choise not to show numbers but I do think even in a default V5 round I should have the option to see the results as normal.

FGC
    Version 1.0.1
    Bug: Merit description errors

Hey there, first of all i would like to say i am loving the module so far and starting up my first game on Wednesday which i can not wait for so well done on it! A couple of copy paste errors i noticed in the merit descriptions Camarilla contract has the description of Anarch Comrades and Discipline Affinity has the description of Day Drinker. Clan curse has the description of Branded by the Camarilla.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kinala; March 8th, 2020 at 23:51.

The Clan sheet, when open, has the small hash on the bottom right to suggest that the window can be resized. It cannot be resized. Either the resize isn't functioning, or that window shouldn't have the hash to suggest that it can. For me, I would hope that the window COULD be resized, because there is a lot of text in those three small section, with a lot of scrolling, making it difficult to read.

Also, are we tracking what does and doesn't work on FGU with this ruleset yet? Or is that a back burner thing until actual launch?
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Ok while a new V20 ruleset would be cool I do think it would be nice to be able to customise the skills characters can have in v5. Just a suggestion to the devs.
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Ashes of Ardenyan Chapter 2 - Pathfinder
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade
    * Adventures in the Ebony Kingdom - Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Necessary Evil the Next Generation - Masks
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars

Ah! Thanks Trenloe, that actually is the problem.

Guys, just a suggestion. Can we keep this thread only for V5 bug reports and not v20.

The devs and a lot of the community are trying to sort out the current issues with the v5 ruleset, and it feels cluttered having people discuss v20 here.

Perhaps somebody can make another thread to discuss a v20 conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post
    Funny thing is this: the official die for V5, that you can buy, have numbers on it instead of one Skull, some blanks and Anks.
    It has two regular d10 dice so you can do percentile rolls. Otherwise the rest of the dice are symbols or blanks. Differences between V20 and V5 both dice and mechanics we can discuss in another thread and keep this one to purely to bugs in the V5 ruleset.v5dice.png

Have you tried to roll a percentile dice in V5? So yeah, good luck with that, because you can't see results on them either. Again, this is something that should be an option, not mandatory. Players rolling dice to determine random stuff they don't want to decide, rolling on tables, rolling anything not directly tied to the default-system rolls (which the designers though of at least in the way that they inclued 2d10 with numbers in the official dice) is a feature that should be possible. The fact that I indeed can use manual rolls to set results shows perfectly that the underlysing dice still use numbers, ergo a simple option to roll "regular" dice should not be that hard

Thread Information