FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Cannot join my local game to test player view

I can host sample 5e campaign using local private settings

To test and see what a player will see I join my own local game by

Creating a second instance and click Join. It will not join, whether I use the local IP address or localhost.

The error message in launcher is Unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Verify network settings, and try again.

The network settings are same as I use for FGII, FGII i can host and join on same PC to test what a player sees etc.

The game is approved on my firewall and network to access network and internet.

Any ideas what I can try.

I know there is one bug that cause problem joining your local game that i encountered, and that is if you have any special characters in the campaign name, wether it be special characters, or language specific characters. Not sure that is the case here, but just in case.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Make sure that you select Local (rather than Cloud) in the server type for your main client and when you start the second client type localhost into the Join By box and leave everything else as it is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yep done all that.
    No special characters.
    Set to local (private or public doesn't make any difference). I'm using Kaspersky as virus checker on my pc and program has all approvals to run on network.
    enter ip address as ip or localhost no difference.
    FGII has a portforward set up for 1802 already.
    System is running on windows 10 x64
    FGUHost.JPG
    FGUJoin.png
    FGUJoinError.JPG

Looks like the GM name is greyed out in your host instance.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nope, In the previous image i didnt enter GM name, but I can and it makes no difference.
    FGUHostName.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Naroe; November 3rd, 2019 at 15:35.

Hmm, I can't think of much else. It just works for me so I can't reproduce the problem.

All I can say is that it does (should?) work. Possibly try turning off your antivirus to see if that's an issue. But I'm clutching at straws.

I have the same issue. I can get it to attempt to join but it stays eternally at the "joining" screen.
    Windows 10
    Pathfinder 2nd Edition ruleset
    No strange characters
    Port forwarding is setup
    Last edited by KhybersGhost; November 3rd, 2019 at 16:34.

Blog Entries
    Note, it sounds like you are, but you have to use 'localhost' otherwise FGU requires a second license. As well, port forward should not be needed because you are running from the same computer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am indeed using localhost, typed into the address field, in case that matters.

Thread Information