FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 89 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Or I could suggest leaving the encounter as is, but dividing the XPs as appropriate for party size. So a group of 3 would get 120 XPs each for that battle while a group of 5 gets 72 or 6 gets 60.
    I think the reason for the rule is that module 'milestones' assume level appropriate encounters, but if you are over party size then everyone will be under leveled when they get to the next 'milestone'. This would require you to make up random encounters so that the next chapter starts at the right level. So it is probably easier to bump encounter difficulty but use module XP. Of course milestone leveling avoids any XP tracking and is another solution, but I see this is the CRB way of keeping tracked XP in sync with expected milestone levels.

Of course sandbox campaigns then there is no base difficulty no level required per chapter as you make it up as you go. But then you are presumably designing the encounters with your party size in mind so no adjustment needed.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU INTEND TO BE A PLAYER IN HELLKNIGHT HILL AP!!!

Trying to figure out where to report this but in the Age of Ashes: Hellknight Hill adventure the treasure parcels labeled Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 1), Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 2), Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 3), and Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 4) are all missing there lesser darkvision elixir.

Edited to include the AP text showing issue:

The storage lockers on the southern side
    of this room are locked (DC 20 Thievery to pick the
    locks). There are a total of four lockers. The lockers
    each contain
    one low-grade silver bludgeoning
    weapon (flail, light hammer, mace, and morningstar)
    and a lesser darkvision elixir.
    The issue has been corrected and will roll out as an update in the near future. Thanks for reporting it.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Lots of updates to the base PFRPG2 ruleset have gone out today - see the City Hall announcement: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gust-13th-2019

Current issues and future changes can be tracked in the spreadsheet linked in post #2 of this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Minor sheet formatting

Regular spells section shows spells as 'Prepared/Max' and 'Cast/Max'
    Focus spells section shows focus points as 'Max/Used', it should be consistent ordering with the other section as 'Used/Max'

Minor workaround, hover over the field to figure out the ordering is backwards from rest of sheet and usual language conventions
    Last edited by yarnevk; August 14th, 2019 at 05:07.

Hidden, Undetected, and Invisible not working. All need a DC 11 flat check similar to Concealed (CONC) with it's DC 5 flat check.

Probably be nice to have all three added to the Modifiers section so that if a player is taking a blind shot at a square hoping to hit a hidden creature, it roll the flat check without having a target (along with the generic attack roll). As for having it rolled hidden.... I don't know if you can just check to see if the Dice Tower is enabled to know if player rolls hidden is enabled.

Also, Greater Cover needs to be added as well (+4 instead of +2).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Hidden, Undetected, and Invisible not working. All need a DC 11 flat check similar to Concealed (CONC) with it's DC 5 flat check.

Probably be nice to have all three added to the Modifiers section so that if a player is taking a blind shot at a square hoping to hit a hidden creature, it roll the flat check without having a target (along with the generic attack roll). As for having it rolled hidden.... I don't know if you can just check to see if the Dice Tower is enabled to know if player rolls hidden is enabled.

Also, Greater Cover needs to be added as well (+4 instead of +2).
    Greater cover seems to be the Taken Cover modifier and the dc 11 flat check seems to be the sensed modifier. Though it looks like it won't roll the dc 11 check for sensed if you aren't targeting something.
    Last edited by DevilDraco; August 14th, 2019 at 19:08.

As has been mentioned a few times - effects and conditions have not been fully implemented/converted from the playtest. That will come soon...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDraco View Post
    Greater cover seems to be the Taken Cover modifier and the dc 11 flat check seems to be the sensed modifier. Though it looks like it won't roll the dc 11 check for sensed if you aren't targeting something.
    Cover: When you’re behind a physical obstacle, you get a +2 circumstance bonus to AC, Reflex saves vs. area effects, and Stealth checks. This increases to +4 for greater cover. Creatures can provide lesser cover: a +1 circumstance bonus to AC.

Hidden
    While you’re hidden from a creature, that creature knows the space you’re in but can’t tell precisely where you are. You typically become hidden by using Stealth to Hide. When Seeking a creature using only imprecise senses, it remains hidden, rather than observed. A creature you’re hidden from is flat-footed to you, and it must succeed at a DC 11 flat check when targeting you with an attack, spell, or other effect or it fails affect you. Area effects aren’t subject to this flat check. A creature might be able to use the Seek action to try to observe you, as described on page 471.

Undetected
    When you are undetected by a creature, that creature cannot see you at all, has no idea what space you occupy, and can’t target you, though you still can be affected by abilities that target an area. When you’re undetected by a creature, that creature is flat-footed to you.

A creature you’re undetected by can guess which square you’re in to try targeting you. It must pick a square and attempt an attack. This works like targeting a hidden creature (requiring a DC 11 flat check, as described on page 466), but the flat check and attack roll are rolled in secret by the GM, who doesn’t reveal whether the attack missed due to failing the flat check, failing the attack roll, or choosing the wrong square.

A creature can use the Seek action to try to find you, as described on page 471.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Cover: When you’re behind a physical obstacle, you get a +2 circumstance bonus to AC, Reflex saves vs. area effects, and Stealth checks. This increases to +4 for greater cover. Creatures can provide lesser cover: a +1 circumstance bonus to AC.

Hidden
    While you’re hidden from a creature, that creature knows the space you’re in but can’t tell precisely where you are. You typically become hidden by using Stealth to Hide. When Seeking a creature using only imprecise senses, it remains hidden, rather than observed. A creature you’re hidden from is flat-footed to you, and it must succeed at a DC 11 flat check when targeting you with an attack, spell, or other effect or it fails affect you. Area effects aren’t subject to this flat check. A creature might be able to use the Seek action to try to observe you, as described on page 471.

Undetected
    When you are undetected by a creature, that creature cannot see you at all, has no idea what space you occupy, and can’t target you, though you still can be affected by abilities that target an area. When you’re undetected by a creature, that creature is flat-footed to you.

A creature you’re undetected by can guess which square you’re in to try targeting you. It must pick a square and attempt an attack. This works like targeting a hidden creature (requiring a DC 11 flat check, as described on page 466), but the flat check and attack roll are rolled in secret by the GM, who doesn’t reveal whether the attack missed due to failing the flat check, failing the attack roll, or choosing the wrong square.

A creature can use the Seek action to try to find you, as described on page 471.
    Yeah, I know what they are. :P

If you open the modifiers window, Taken Cover = Greater Cover and gives a +4, though it doesn't yet work for reflex saves which I imagine Trenloe will eventually add. Also Sensed makes an attack roll and rolls the dc11 flat check for hidden, though it only rolls it if the attack would have hit in the first place (and I suppose it requires actually targeting the creature.)

Maybe what you meant by modifiers are effects you can add outside the modifier window? You just mentioned adding them to the modifiers section so I was pointing out that they are actually already there.

oh , yeah.. lol.. I thought you meant they were replaced in the CRB... lol

But, yeah, you have to have a target for the DC 11 flat check to work No chance to "take a shot in the dark".

REQUEST: If it's not already on the list.. and I know the list is enormous... so try to take this only as a wish-list item... I'd love to have an EFFECT/TAG that works with the more generic boosts to CHECKs. There are a number of powers, etc., that simply say "+1 status bonus to all checks" (or something similar). Aesthetically and even for ease of use since remembering all the checks isn't always easy or straight forward, it would be nice to have.... but certainly not critical.

Thread Information