DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Also, make sure after you make changes to see if it the new skill appears that you are creating a new character. This way you can be sure the databasenodes will be triggered to create new instance of them.

Yea, figured that out when trying to modify how the spell descriptions read.

I'm working from my own ruleset labled eqd20.

I'm now getting the new skills to come up but ONLY if I go in and edit each character's skills in the db.xml under <skilllist></skilllist>. The new/changed skills DO NOT show up when a new character sheet is made.

Why? What do I need to edit to tell FG that yes, I do want all the skills listed in the charactersheet_skilllist.lua to show up every time a character is made?
    Question: How does an Assamite find herself between a 12ft murder machine and a high place?

Answer: When she's running away from a werewolf in Crinos and she has to jump onto a fire escape with the Phobia: High Places flaw

Not sure if this will work but in the charsheet_skilllist.lua file there is the function constructDefaultSkills() which builds the list. An interesting note in there is this line:

match.setCustom(false);

Try flipping that to true and see what happens. Its just a guess and may not do anything at all but I won't have a chance to try it out until later.

Tried it and it didn't seem to do anything.

One thing that puzzles me is if I went and changed the skills in the charactersheet_spelllist.lua file (which is the only file that lists the skills by name), how is FG pointing back to the default d20? (forgive stupid questions since I'm still learning how all this works)

Will keep trying to wrack my brain, but it looks like this will have to take a break since I won't get back to it for about two weeks (while I entertain my mother..joy).
    Last edited by ldyparadox99; May 8th, 2007 at 22:27.
    Question: How does an Assamite find herself between a 12ft murder machine and a high place?

Answer: When she's running away from a werewolf in Crinos and she has to jump onto a fire escape with the Phobia: High Places flaw

The system works so that the list in charsheet_skilllist.lua is checked whenever the skill list is opened to make sure all the default skills are there.

Adding a new entry to the skilldata table should make it appear. Any existing skills that are already in the db.xml are not wiped even if an entry is removed from this list.

Custom skills are ones that allow you to edit the label and the stat used.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

So what could I be doing wrong to make it not appear?

I haven't touched anything else in the charactersheet_skilllist.lua file except changing the names of a few skills in the default list and adding about 10 additional skills (and they're all just standard skill types w/o armor checks or needing to be filled like knowledges).

When I create a brand new character under that ruleset, the d20 default shows up and only when I add each skill in the db.xml file will my own customizations show up.

As I said before, I'm working from a custom ruleset and not the d20 folder...

I wonder if maybe something got updated since I created this ruleset??

Ok, I think I answered my own question.

I suppose it helps if I keep up on the updates for my custom ruleset. Once I updated all the .xml and .lua files pertaining to skills the customized skills are showing up without having to touch the db.xml file.

So for those that are looking for the answer on how to add or change skill names:

Make sure your files are up to date Go to the charactersheet_skilllist.lua file and scroll all the way down and either change the name of the existing skills or add a new skill and it should show up.

Easy enough.

Thanks so much for putting up with my mucking about and helping out Goblin King. I really appreciate it!

Pet

Thread Information