Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

text disappears in the dice rolling/chat area and FG freezes

Running into some problems on new PC, last few sessions. When I am loading additional NPCs into the combat tracker, the game freezes, sometimes all the text disappears in the dice rolling/chat area.

The PC stats are:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    ASUS MB +470x +gaming
    500 GB Samsung EVO NVME SSD
    500 GB SSD (transferred) and 500 GB HD (transferred)
    2 TB HD
    16 GB DDR4 Ram
    Nvidia GTX 1060ti 6 gb
    DVDRW
    Mid tower w/750 w PS

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Are you using any extensions? What ruleset are you using? Does this happen in a new campaign with no extensions? How are you adding the NPCs?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hey dellanx this is a long running campaign. What is FG memory usage when in game and books are open?
    I suspect you will need to unshare a bunch of images and perhaps remove tokens if you have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you using any extensions? What ruleset are you using? Does this happen in a new campaign with no extensions? How are you adding the NPCs?
    Pathfinder, yes running some extensions. May try to un-select some, see if it helps.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey dellanx this is a long running campaign. What is FG memory usage when in game and books are open?
    I suspect you will need to unshare a bunch of images and perhaps remove tokens if you have a lot of them.
    Without any PCs logged in 2,553.5 MB.

Also I may try dragging the NPCs one by one instead of dumping them all at once.

Thank You!

That is a lot of memory. How much are you sharing with players? I would do as damned says, close up some modules, especially token modules. Unshare anything that is no longer needed, especially images.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I closed several modules I don't need. I am not sure what I am sharing with players in memory usage-wise. I will have to test it.
    Last edited by dellanx; June 4th, 2018 at 01:26.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Open images and there is a button at the bottom that says All change it to Shared and unshare those that are not needed any more. Perhaps even move them out of the campaign folder.

Or just use /flushdb chat command to clear all sharing, and just recharge as you go.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Or just use /flushdb chat command to clear all sharing, and just recharge as you go.

Regards,
    JPG
    I will try that, thanks!
    Last edited by dellanx; June 5th, 2018 at 01:52.

Thank You!

Thread Information