STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 25 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last

You are correct... repacked the ext file and got it working...

I get where OP is coming from to leave the code out there for all to see and contribute on github...

But the added steps do leave [a lot of] room for error.

But, glad I figured it out!

Love this little bit of code! Definitely makes it easier to get those NPCs entered in.

edit: Also, thanks for the warm reception and I'm glad to finally have a voice out here... I've just been lurking for months...

Fixed
    Last edited by darthgator; April 22nd, 2017 at 16:44.

Ken, I would like you to know that I have erected a statue of you in my City's Park and am petitioning to have your birthday declared a civic holiday, This extension is exactly what I needed for my custom creatures

Just dropping a note to mention that I don't bother with the zipping and renaming to .ext. I just clone the repo inside of my fg_data/extensions folder. I don't think there has been an update since I first installed, but when is released it's as easy as git fetch and git pull. FG picks it up just fine and it works without issue. If that sounds like gibberish, then just ignore the suggestion. Git is not worth learning/installing if this is all you will ever do with it. Just go with the originally documented procedure to download/re-zip/rename.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't get this to work. I extracted with winrar. Pulled out the master folder. Zipped it. Renamed it. Placed it in the correct folder. It doesn't show up.

I tried with 7zip and Winrar. It doesn't seem to work.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I got it to work by just not zipping it up
    Last edited by Mentalic; April 30th, 2017 at 21:42.

I feel like I should include the text 'some assembly required'. But i've always been known as a disruptor; heck if I wasn't there would be entire company departments believing windows mobile was the future.

Update 1.5: Various fixes
    - Fixed: CR now does fractions correctly, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 CR values usually took the tail digit as the CR (ie: 1/2 became CR 2).
    - Added: Description and Ecological information by popular demand. It'll assume that this description is on line 1, if the name is instead on line 1, it'll assume there is no description.

Get the freshest update from github.
    Last edited by Ken L; June 12th, 2017 at 07:56.

Hi there!

First, I'd like to express my deepest gratitude. In Roll20, your scripts saved me hours, nay, days of prep. Although we never had the opportunity to interact with one another, I was a little sad to see you leave. Recently, while preparing my newest campaign, I tried to improve on your CGen scripts and got increasingly frustrated with the framework of Roll20 (not to mention the fact that they break them with every update). I'm not exactly sure how, but I somehow stumbled accidentally on this very forum page and was pleasantly surprised to find where you've been and what you were up to... believe it or not, this was actually a deciding factor in me joining Fantasy Grounds about a month ago.

Now that I've said all that, I'd like to make a suggestion. Your extension automatically populates the spells, which is absolutely fantastic. However, it doesn't populate the spell actions that go along with the spells. I understand that you didn't add this functionality because it is context sensitive, however it turns out they are actually not too difficult to add automatically.

For example, here are a few approaches :

1) Once you've created and populated the spell node in the NPC, just add a single line of code to call the 3.5 Ruleset spell parser (SpellManager.parseSpell(spellNode)). It will parse the spell info to try to guess what spell actions are needed and automatically add them to the spell node. From my humble and short experience fiddling around with it, it seems to work as intended about perhaps 90% of the time.

2) Some spell libraries contain spell actions (e.g. Farnaby's spell library). You could scan these libraries and if a match is found, copy the actions along with the rest of the spell data.

Actually you can even do a combination of these possibilities. For example :
    - Scan Farnaby's library, if spell is found, copy the spell actions.
    - If spell isn't found. Scan your own library and if a match is found, call the 3.5 parser to generate the spell actions.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Welcome to the forums and FG community!

Thread Information