DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 15 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Runtime Errors:
    One of our players ran into this problem tonight. He was (initially) using a Demo installed via Steam connecting to a GM with Ultimate (loading into a 5e CoS game, PHB, and Sword Coast Guide shared) .

What did not work:
    Nuking at program start
    Removing the Steam FG version and installing using the Web Installer
    Deleting FG Folder (from Program Files (x86)) and reinstalling
    Restarting at various points

What ended up working:
    Deleting FG Folder (from Program Files (x86))
    Using Regedit to remove the Fantasy Grounds settings from the Registry (Computer>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>Fantasy Grounds)
    Reinstalling from the WebInstaller.

They had to re-open the shared modules and re-setup stuff like hotkeys, but at least it started working for them again.

NOTE: The same results may have been achieved via deleting the C:/Program Data/Fantasy Grounds folder (or maybe even just the cache from there)... but we'd spent enough time messing with it at that point so nuking the Registry Entry from orbit and, essentially, getting a fresh install up ended up being the path of least resistance. Also note that the Program Data folder is Hidden should you wish to go looking for it.

DISCLAIMER: Please recognize that if messing with your Registry or deleting any hidden folders tears a hole in the fabric of your reality, we are not responsible. This is just what worked for us.
    Last edited by Full Bleed; December 4th, 2016 at 08:07.

When any NPC sheet is open on the server or a client, memory increases at the rate of 1 MB per second. As soon as the sheet is closes the memory increase stops.

4e Ruleset. Doesn't matter if the NPC is in a module or not. Its obviously nothing to do with connection speed as a I can pull the router cable and it still happens. Doesn't matter if players are connected.

Normally I probably wouldn't have noticed it but the hideous memory leak in the modules means I'm having to watch the memory so I can bounce the server every 40 minutes to avoid it crashing and losing info.
    Last edited by Chidgey; December 5th, 2016 at 05:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidgey View Post
    When an NPC sheet is open on the server or a client, memory increases at the rate of 1 MB per second. As soon as the sheet is closes the memory increase stops.
    For what ruleset? What NPC are you opening? From what module are you opening it from? What modules are shared with players? What is the size of your tokens folder? What kind of connection do you have? More details please; since this isn't a general problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well team, I ran my game last Friday as a new campaign and everything ran smoothly. The difference was:
    * No oversized images above 4meg
    * I didn't risk loading anything from the PHB
    * The PC's were all remade via Player laptop. Total of 7 pc's.
    * running RoT during second council and had all images shared for each npc and no crashes.

I did notice something new however that I had never really noticed before.... There are no creature images that load on the npc from the second tab on thier sheet from the Rise of Tiamat module? I have to go get the MM version to share their appearance with my players. Is that a wanted from FG?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

I did notice something new however that I had never really noticed before.... There are no creature images that load on the npc from the second tab on thier sheet from the Rise of Tiamat module? I have to go get the MM version to share their appearance with my players. Is that a wanted from FG?
    A known issue which will be fixed soon, hopefully.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    A known issue which will be fixed soon, hopefully.
    Sounds good...not worried
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    What ended up working:
    Deleting FG Folder (from Program Files (x86))
    Using Regedit to remove the Fantasy Grounds settings from the Registry (Computer>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>Fantasy Grounds)
    Reinstalling from the WebInstaller.

They had to re-open the shared modules and re-setup stuff like hotkeys, but at least it started working for them again.

NOTE: The same results may have been achieved via deleting the C:/Program Data/Fantasy Grounds folder (or maybe even just the cache from there)... but we'd spent enough time messing with it at that point so nuking the Registry Entry from orbit and, essentially, getting a fresh install up ended up being the path of least resistance. Also note that the Program Data folder is Hidden should you wish to go looking for it.

DISCLAIMER: Please recognize that if messing with your Registry or deleting any hidden folders tears a hole in the fabric of your reality, we are not responsible. This is just what worked for us.
    Glad you got it working and thanks for posting the info.

I think the thing that will have fixed this is removing the registry settings and doing a reinstall - this will probably have changed the Data directory from C:/Program Data/Fantasy Grounds to the user's app settings directory, which is the default FG directory from a few versions ago (after there were many issues with the FG data in \Program Data). Mentioned in item #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tc-Fix-options
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Well team, I ran my game last Friday as a new campaign and everything ran smoothly. The difference was:
    * I didn't risk loading anything from the PHB
    * The PC's were all remade via Player laptop. Total of 7 pc's.
    * running RoT during second council and had all images shared for each npc and no crashes.

Ahem.... I'm sure I said 2MB
    The PHB is ok to share - dont share the others though.

As I've mentioned a lot of times recently - check the resolution of the images. Image file size will only affect share download time to players. Image resolution (Width x Height in pixels) has a direct effect on how much FG memory an image will take when it's opened in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As I've mentioned a lot of times recently - check the resolution of the images. Image file size will only affect share download time to players. Image resolution (Width x Height in pixels) has a direct effect on how much FG memory an image will take when it's opened in FG.
    Hahahah!
    I gave him 2MB and 2000x2000pixels...
    But he did not mention pixels in above...

Thread Information