STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Guys - found the error and working thru the fix. Thanks for the reminder savages!
    Nice work. Cheers
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Hastur View Post
    Thanks for fixing this. This is going to save especially new fg-users or SW-users from frustration.
    Regarding the way the zombies attack: The best thing (as in every roleplaying-combat) is, not to do the same thing again and again. A combination of different situational aproaches will do it for me. variatio quoque homines ludentes delectat.
    Greetings
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney418 View Post
    True, but on the other hand, a zombie is a zombie is a zombie (thought in WotD and Left4Dead there are different types of course). I found that you can get plenty of different approaches by varying the environment and adding in the human factor (people to rescue, desperately needing food, lack of ammo etc.)
    I like both ideas and as far as I'm concerned you are both right.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This problem still is not fixed. I am new to Savage Worlds and patching up bugs is not exactly how I want to learn the system.

I noticed that when assigning damage to the BITE attack, if you right-clicked, selected edit, and then UPDATE, the dice would appear. It seems like a parsing issue - the data is there, but the engine seems to be handling it poorly.

--------------------------
    In addition...

Custom weapons like "Garden Hoe" that are assigned to the pre-made characters don't work. For the hoe, I assigned a dagger and renamed it to Garden Hoe and it was working.

Traits and Attacks for player characters are not populating in the combat tracker. I have no experience with SW, so I don't know if that is normal behavior, but that isn't how it works with other rulesets. I guess that I will go examine the base set to see how it normally works...
    Works the same

--------------------------
    Conclusions...

The combat bug exists because the creatures do not have the default UNSKILLED (d4-2) entry. Creating a FIGHTING skill at d4-2 is a functional work-around, especially since Zombies aren't likely to attempt unskilled actions that require a check.

None of the weapons for any of the pre-built characters are functional. They are not marked as melee or ranged weapons.
    Last edited by Topdecker; September 17th, 2016 at 18:52.

I think damned has fixed the issue, but I also think that any update won't be made until v3.2 comes out.

Blog Entries
    Updates won't be pushed out until 3.2 comes out. We're redoing the Shambler for Chapter 1 and 2 to include the Fighting d4-2 skill so that the targeting function can be used.
    As for Traits and Attacks for player characters, this is normal behavior since the players control their character through their character sheet or mini-sheet. I'm not as familiar with D&D 5e but I just checked. While Attributes are visible, Attacks aren't. Unless I'm missing something?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Is there a timeline on 3.2? 3.17 sure has stood for a long time now

The biggest thing that I do as GM that I will likely miss in SW is help the players set targets. The 5e combat tracker has a cross-hairs tool that can be dragged and dropped. Control-clicking targets for some reason has been difficult to get ingrained.

But perhaps that will not be such an issue - dragging and dropping an attack on the mini-map is pretty boss (not even sure if 5e has that) and I suspect it will be the preferred mode for my players. I spent like 4 hours today just goofing with combat today and came away reasonably happy. The only iffy thing that I noted was that dragging and dropping on a second target will also attack the first (which is easy enough to ignore with damage confirmation, which is another feature that like a great deal).

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yes, players can drag and drop on the map or tracker for targeting.
    And no, I don't know about any timeline for 3.2. A lot of skin extensions for SW will need updated.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    3.2.0 introduced some biggish behind the scene changes and they had a lot of flow on effects. It is getting close now - possibly in the next 2 weeks or maybe in 4-6 weeks...
    It will break a whole lot of things too so there will be some tears at first while people bug fix all the addons...

Thread Information