STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 86 First ... 567891757 ... Last

Thread: 5E Bug Reports

Ok, I'm not hugely knowledgeable on the internal workings of Fantasy Grounds but here's the logic. You obviously have the corrected Monster Manual but the Monster in your campaign must have been placed in that campaign before the MM was updated. Once you take an NPC out of the MM and put it in a campaign it becomes a new monster separate from the one in the MM. So it will still behave with the error no matter that the MM has been updated. So in order to correct the situation it's the monster in your campaign that needs to be corrected. It might be that all you need to do would be to right click on the monster in your campaign (in the NPCs tab) and revert changes there. Hopefully that will relink it with the MM. If that doesn't work then it will probably be necessary to delete the monster from your NPC list in the campaign and drag it back in from the MM.

Now the latter is fine if you don't have the monster linked to encounters and stuff but if you do then carrying out this procedure will break all of those links. That means you'd have to do all of the relinking. It might be easier to just correct the monster in your campaign like you have done and leave it like that.

It also might be the case that it can't be easily corrected becasue the campaign was created before the MM was updated. Do the campaigns involve any of the official modules? If so then perhaps those modules need to be updated, so perhaps you could let me know.

Now, I have to caution you that I am not an expert on such matters so I may well be talking rubbish. You might need a Trenloe to properly address the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Before yesterday I had no NPC's from the MM in my campaign, only the NPCs that comes with the WotC PotA module. I have deleted all campaign NPC entries and still the errror occurs when I get NPC's from the MM to the campaing NPC or directly to the combat tracker from the MM.

OK, I'll put it on the list and get back to you if I find a solution.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrin View Post
    Before yesterday I had no NPC's from the MM in my campaign, only the NPCs that comes with the WotC PotA module. I have deleted all campaign NPC entries and still the errror occurs when I get NPC's from the MM to the campaing NPC or directly to the combat tracker from the MM.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeous
    OK, I'll put it on the list and get back to you if I find a solution.
    Thanks for all the help!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Ok ... I was going to bypass this old campaign/new campaign issue that was causing this problem by creating a new campaign and transferring all the data over. I went through the process by opening two sessions of FG and creating the new campaign in the second session. I named it, gave it a password and turned on all the extensions from the old campaign. When it finished loading, I opened all the modules required for the old campaign. The MM was, of course, one of these modules. My first order of business, before transferring any data (exporting and importing characters, etc.), was to test Balor! SAME ISSUE!!! AGGGGGHHHHH! Why is it doing this to MEEEEEE! It had to be me, right?! RIGHT! I wouldn't be so damn paranoid, IF everyone wasn't out to get me!

Once my fit was over, I processed the situation. I had two campaigns that I had created very recently. One worked properly, The other didn't. The new campaign I created to test the MM like Galdrin, worked. What was different?

<lightbulb> ... EXTENSIONS!

I went back to the original (old) campaign and turned off all the extensions. IT WORKED! BALOR WORKED PROPERLY!

The next question ... which one? I didn't want to think about if it was a combination of two or more. I am not that good or smart to figure that one out in a timely manner. I had quite a few extensions turned on.

I started turning them off one by one, logging in, testing Balor, logging out, rinse, repeat.

It eventually came down to the Effect Targeting Enhancement v0.3 for FG v3.1.0 5E ruleset. When I turned it off, BALOR WORKED! (I also tested it with an Erinyes) Obviously, I went to the community page to make sure I had the most updated version. I downloaded the version linked to Comment #1. When it was turned on, Balor/Erinyes didn't work. When I turned it off, they worked.

Galdrin, do you have this extension running in your campaign?

Zacchaeus, can you test this? I guess it doesn't have to be just Zacchaeus. Can anyone test this?

I am also going to cross-post this in the Enhanced Targeting Enhancement Forum.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Moving forward, you will need to have a copy of the SCAG module if you want to use the Deep Gnome subrace functionally within FG.
    Since this information was released to the public in the Elemental Evil Companion's Guide (plus some other sweet races and spells), do you think it would be possible to get permission from WotC to include the material anyway? Or maybe make and EEC for FG? I suppose I could try to do it for personal use with PAR5E, once I learn how to use it. Just a thought.
    Running on pure Plot Devicium since 1986.
    Like D&D Actual Play podcasts? Check out mine! It's called Shocking Gasp. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by poppy_thompson View Post
    Galdrin, do you have this extension running in your campaign?
    I just did and I had it enabled, disabling it solves the problem. Good catch Poppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerus Prime View Post
    Since this information was released to the public in the Elemental Evil Companion's Guide (plus some other sweet races and spells), do you think it would be possible to get permission from WotC to include the material anyway? Or maybe make and EEC for FG? I suppose I could try to do it for personal use with PAR5E, once I learn how to use it. Just a thought.
    The Elemental Evil guide is already available for FG and the Gnome subrace works from there as well as from the SCAG.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy_thompson View Post

It eventually came down to the Effect Targeting Enhancement v0.3 for FG v3.1.0 5E ruleset. When I turned it off, BALOR WORKED! (I also tested it with an Erinyes) Obviously, I went to the community page to make sure I had the most updated version. I downloaded the version linked to Comment #1. When it was turned on, Balor/Erinyes didn't work. When I turned it off, they worked.
    Well caught. This is exactly the problem.

DD MM Monster Manual
    Description of Kuo-toa's trait Otherworldly Perception is incomplete. It's complete at Kuo-toa Archpriest and Kuo-toa Whip.

Thread Information